Friday, May 13, 2011

Double Trouble







Just thought I'd stop by and say hey. Life is crazy right now. Dave is working day and night on getting assignments done. I'm trying to do a birthday party and getting ready for company. I'm so tired I'm ready to drop, but there's still lots to do so I guess I won't. Can't believe our little squirt is going to be 1 tomorrow. I read someone's blog who commented that she always found her kids a ton of work around age 0ne - able to get into everything and still very needy. Today I've been reminiscing a lot about the glory days when she would just sit on the floor and play for hours and I could run around doing whatever I wanted. Not anymore. She is way way more work than she was at 8 months or so. Doesn't sleep as much and is of course into everything, making it really hard to get anything done (this morning I really wanted a babysitter so I could efficiently get things. That didn't work out, so I decided to pretend that I have 10 kids and 9 of them were at the sitter's - might have helped a little). Anyway, it's also a really fun age because her little personality is budding (I guess that isn't always so great - haha) and she's learning new things and all that fun stuff. We went to the doctor this morning for her ear check and and 12 month check up. FINALLY, the ear infection is gone. I was so happy I almost cried. No more nasty drugs and the resulting intestinal joys. She weighs 21 and a halfish - actually less than she weighed at 9 months. So she's gone from the 95th percentile to the 50th in weight. Ok, I should keep working. Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Jeremy and Sabrina said...

These pictures are great!! Sometimes I put Callie in her crib with books and toys and let her play for awhile. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but when it works it gives me a few minutes.

rachelslab said...

Actually, I do that quite a bit too Sabrina - in the pack and play in our room. She'll usually do ok for awhile, but sadly, she can't live in there. haha.

Rhonda said...

so cute! those poses bring back a lot of memories for me. :) i have a picture of A and S reading books that reminds me a lot of your book reading pics.

happy 1st birthday Aleah! :)

shaunjoy said...

Double Trouble maybe, but also Doubly Cute. :) Hmmm, I think I need to try your "10 kids" trick sometime!

Jenni said...

Cutie Patooties!!!

Kendra said...

Good pictures! One year already...and I still haven't met her. Sigh.

Soo said...

Awww, what cute shots. I hope the party goes swimmingly. And to think I'd be there if not for some fog, a big plane and a short runway... :(

ribbit98 said...

I really like this set of photos of the two little darlings!