Monday, May 09, 2011

some words

I realized it's been ages since I've actually written anything on here. So real quick because I'm sure Dave will need the computer at any moment now...

  • Most of you probably heard, but Dave accepted a one year teaching position at Valpo University in Indiana. So we'll be moving shorty after August 5th. It's crazy to think about being that close to where I moved from almost 3 years ago.
  • I don't know what in the world is going on - the other day I opened the flour and there was a bug in it. gross. And it wasn't nearly old enough to have bugs. Yesterday we were eating lunch and I looked down at a big ol piece of lettuce there was a big slimy dead bug on it. again, GROSS! And a smaller slimy dead bug for good measure. THEN, this morning I was eating some cereal of all things, looked down, and there was a live bug floating around in it! Identical to the one that was in the flour. A cousin or brother in law perhaps. WHAT is going on???? I do clean the kitchen occasionally! I was so thoroughly grossed out.
  • I'm very tired and thought I had more to say but maybe I don't. Aleah has been feeling ok ear infection wise, as far as I know, from what she's told me anyway. But I think her teeth are making her mad lately. Today was one of those days. We ended up in the pool though and that (and maybe the Orajel) made things a lot better. It was so smoking hot outside and the pool was nice and cool - a perfect combination.
  • Ok I thought I had more but I don't and Dave needs the computer to finish up that little paper he's working on so he can graduate. yahoo! The end is in sight. The whole world is welcome to come party with us in a month or so.

4 comments:

shaunjoy said...

Ah, you'll be returning to the land of saner temperatures! (Well, unless you count wintertime...) Good luck with the paper, Dave. Keep hanging in there Rachel, the end WILL come! :) (Unless he's threatening to do another PhD. Shaun likes to say that every now and again just to see my reaction.)

Jeremy and Sabrina said...

You're moving!! Thankful for you that you have a plan for the next year. The pool sounds wonderful, the bugs do not. :( The bugs "down here" are not something I have gotten used to. I can imagine it is worse the farther south you go. Yuck!

Rhonda said...

i like words.

also, the lack of bugs is one of the best things about canadian winters. :)

Bethany said...

Just gotta say again that knowing you'll be 5 hours away has me tickled pink.