Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Random...

** Rachel: "Do you want to go shopping with me on Black Friday?"
Dave: " I'd rather pluck out my chest hairs with tweezers!"
Rachel: "We could do that too!!!"

** Dave (while telling a random story): "... and she had a near body experience..."
Really? Did she have an out of death experience as well?

** We had a fun little vacation to Perdido Key beach in Pensacola FL with my brother and family and 900 of his friends. He's always been such an introvert. ha. The weather was gorgeous, the beach lovely, etc.

** On Saturday Aleah popped her first tooth. I'm sure she's working on the next one now.

** When we were swimming in the pool at the condo Elise (my sister in law) asked if I had dunked Aleah under the water yet. I said no. She told me I should and they do it in aqua tots all the time. I guess I sorta knew that but the thought freaked the bajeebers outta me. Anyway, Dave and Elise were both saying DO IT DO IT DO IT. I could barely make myself, but I did and we all lived to tell about it. When she came up she wound up for a good cry but then then stopped right away and was fine. I was a little weak and shaky after it all. So she had a big weekend - first tooth, turned 6 months old, first dunk underwater, & first time to sit and play in the sand at the beach, which was a big hit

** What in the world would possess a baby to switch from only going poo about every 5 - 6 days to suddenly going multiple times a day? And what would possess said poo to climb all the way up her back to her NECK while we are out and about running errands? I'm stumped.

** Aleah has 2 new loves - sitting up all by herself, and riding in shopping carts (the big kid way, not in a car seat). Both bring about untold glee, esp. the shopping cart thing.

** I'm trying to think of interesting tid bits about the adults in this house and I've got nuthin.

** I need to get off the computer because my husband needs it as soon as he's done tweezing... I mean... he needs it to study. and apply for jobs. So I should be a good wife and go bang around in the kitchen. addios. I'll post pics of our trip soon. maybe.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love your sense of humor! Tweezing chest hairs??!! And poo, and dunking babies under water. I loved reading it all and please post pictures!

shaunjoy said...

Too funny! Thanks for providing a much-needed giggle in the middle of my day. :)

Rhonda said...

wow, i don't have any chest hair to speak of, but i'm guessing i'd prefer shopping to tweezing. just a guess.

sorry about the climbing poo. :(

can't wait to see the photos. :)

Bethany said...

Dee-lightful reading and picture-look-seeing all around! Someday when I grow up, I want to be bestowed with half as much wit as you.

iris said...

I love you, Rachel! Thanks to you and your gift of humor and words I have been rocking back and forth in this chair and hitting the desk top with my hand while laughing out loud. I love to laugh! Thanks for lifting the corners of my mouth!