Sunday, July 04, 2010

A random assortment of thoughts...

I guess I've mostly been posting pictures lately so I thought I'd shoot for some words. Although I did get some good pictures of the bubbly tonight that would be fun to post. Anyhoo, I guess I feel as though I don't have much to say lately because my life consists mostly of hanging out and taking care of small child. Nothing earth shattering. I could go on and on about random facts about her but I'm scared that will bore you to tears. But that's all I have to talk about. No wait, here's something - I stole something from walmart the other day. = ( It's true. Sigh. Those dang hormones make you do all sorts of funny things. Um, when do I have to stop using that as an excuse for every odd action? Hopefully not anytime soon. Anyway, it really had nothing to do with that. It's like this. I took Aleah to walmart, actually, it was Dave's birthday, and was buying all sorts of things. The problem is that her car seat takes up most of the cart. So I was putting things all around it. It was a boiling hot day, cranky baby who wouldn't sleep in walmart, etc. Just the logistics of doing anything become so much more complicated when you are lugging around a baby who is gaining a fat roll a day, plus a heavy car seat. ANYWAY, we get out to the boiling hot car, and I realize that a can of peaches was under her car seat out of sight when I went through the check out. RATS! never paid for it. What to do - didn't want to lug her and myself back in the store, so I saw one of the guys pushing carts and asked if he'd be willing to take it back to the store for me. I told him what happened and he said - ah, I'd just keep it! Don't worry about it. Rats again. I wasn't going to stand there arguing with him so I threw it in the car and figured I we could decide what to do with it later. arg. It's still sitting in the car from 3 weeks ago. = ( That's my story. I was thinking that giving them to a homeless person might cancel out the evil of the situation...

We're sitting at home listening to the boom of fireworks and wishing we were watching them. We were going to go, but again, small child had a way of rearranging plans. It was a busy day with church in the morning and a get together with Dave's work people in the evening. And a screaming baby part of the evening who is now happily laying in bed not quite sleeping but would greatly prefer that to fireworks I think.

Here's the latest on Aleah - this will probably be really boring to most of you so feel free to skip. We haven't had her weighed for a couple weeks, but we both think she looks like she gained about 5 pounds in the last couple days. okay, not quite, but she's getting huge. Okay, here's something weird. Her one thigh is considerably bigger than the other - like one whole fat roll bigger. I even took a picture tonight to document it. Is this normal? It seems so odd to me and I keep obsessing over it and wondering how she'll buy pants and if she'll lean to one side when she starts walking. Poor kid - I think she needs some siblings just so I don't have time to freak out and obsess over her every abnormality. Her feedings have been going better for the most part, but in the evenings, she'll still often have a feeding where she just cries and acts hungry but won't eat, even though it's been a long time since she last ate. Tonight she did that so I just stopped trying and she slept a little bit, then ate a whole bunch. It's a mystery. We took her pacifier away for a week and she did better but then started having some trouble again. I don't know how much was related to that, so now she has the pacifier mostly to fall asleep (and stay asleep). She has trouble staying asleep during the day and can go forever without taking a good nap, which is frustrating. But she consistently sleeps great at night. I even got 7 hours last night! whoo hoo. And it's so interesting to me that she will nearly always lay right down in her bed and put herself to sleep, without the pacifier, if it's night time or early morning. I'm glad because that means I'm not getting up all night to stick the thing back in. During the day - that's another story. One more thing - we have matching birth marks. Right over the left knee, exactly the same place and shape - isn't that a bit strange? Okay, that's the end of Aleah news.

Ummmmmmm... I thought I had more to say... This morning in church, Aleah had a huge poop explosion up the back. The church meets in a gym so there's no nursery in there. I took her back to the locker rooms where there's a couch, but the room was dark and I couldn't find the light anywhere. It was great fun. I stuck my head out and got Dave's attention and he came and helped me. That's the end of my boring story.

Well, I'm tired and Juniorette is sleeping so maybe I should too. I'll try to post pictures soon.

5 comments:

shaunjoy said...

Both my kids have had unexplainable fussy evenings. Frustrating, but seemingly normal. Hope it passes quickly.

I have often thought that a carseat would be a great place to hide stolen items. :)

Jenni said...

juniorette? that's cute! i want to see the uneven thighs. and yes, please just stop obsessing. i used to obsess about my kids' lumpy heads. by number 3 or 4 i just quit. that's just the way my kids are!

i'm so glad she's sleeping so well at night! day-time sleeping will come...

Rhonda said...

i love your logic about giving the peaches to a homeless person. please keep us posted. :)

also, i'm sorry about the fussy evenings, but i think that the 7 hours thing must almost make up for it. :)

i'll be looking forward to those pictures. :)

Keith said...

about the thigh thing...I asked a doctor friend of mine and he said she'll be a runner...that runs in circles. Heh heh. Thanks for the update.

Robyn said...

I think giving the peaches to a homeless person would definitely cancel out your theft. Although one thought I had about that was that I wonder if they would have a can opener. Just a thought.
Anyway, my kids had fussy evenings too. Emilie would scream her head off and there was no comforting her. The others sometimes couldn't nurse when they were tired, and if I'd let them sleep (or "force" them to sleep) they would nurse better.
Oh yes, poop explosions in church are great, aren't they? You know they ony happen when they're wearing something cute. If they're wearing an ugly hand-me-down that was the last thing in the drawer, they don't spit up or poop for 3 days. Guaranteed.