Saturday, June 19, 2010

Still more Aleah...

Hello all - I should have been in bed ages ago so I won't write much, but I wanted to get these pics on here. Life here is going alright. Aleah has been having some eating issues that have been quite frustrating for both of us. She acts hungry and should be hungry, but then sometimes gets really frustrated when trying to eat and won't latch on. Yesterday afternoon we took away the much loved pacifier to see if that would help. Today was a long day. Poor baby just loves that thing and really wants to suck. It's really messed up her sleeping during the day. But on the bright side, she sleeps great at night, so I shouldn't complain too much. Or at all. Anyhoo... in other news, my former roommate in IN, Bethany, and her mom are visiting for awhile. They got here this evening. Um... I can't think of much else noteworthy. Aleah continues to gain weight like a little pigster - she was 10 lbs 7 oz this morning. So it's not like she's starving or anything with her eating issues. Gained about 4 pounds since leaving the hospital. craziness.
This was taken June 8th - same day as the last pictures on the last post. I was trying to capture her chub but there's now about another pound of it on her.
Daddy's girl.

This red shirt was my way of telling Dave we were going to have a baby. wow - here she is, wearing it already. (already? okay, so that feels like 100 years ago)
Going out for a night on the town on Mom's birthday.
This is one of my new favorites. I'm trying, at my sister in law Rhonda's suggestion, to take more pics with no flash and close to a window so there's lots of natural light. The flash makes her eye balls red and her skin pale and washes out. I think it worked great on this picture. (not trying to toot my own horn or anything)


The latest in the "I don't know when to stop posting because they're all so cute" series.


Hanging out on the bed while mom folds laundry. These last 2 are the most recent - taken yesterday I think, or Thursday I should say, since it's Saturday already. Oh, she's lost a bunch of hair recently. So sad. = ( Okay, that's all, good night.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

I'd say your experiment with natural light was a smashing success. She's just getting adorabler and adorabler. (Babies cause me to make up words.)

Jenni said...

What a truckload of sweetness!!! Aaahhhh. I feel so happy inside just seeing all of these pictures. Thanks for posting them when you could have been sleeping instead.

Rhonda said...

FB has conditioned me to look for the like button. :)

she is a sweetie, for sure. i love the chubby legs and the chin(s), and i love the yawning picture and the one by the window and i am dying to hold her. :)

lisa said...

What a little dollie!! I like the yawning one the best!! ;)

Sabrina said...

She's adorable! thanks for posting pictures!

Tammy Bergen said...

Thanks for leaving pictures of your little Aleah! She is a sweetie, and I'm one of those who isn't on FB yet, so I appreciate it. I like your choice of a name, I have a good friend with a daughter Aleaha. I wonder if you pronounce the ah sound at the end of her name? God bless you as you enter into this new phase of life!

Anonymous said...

She's more adorable everyday!

Thanks for posting more pictures - please don't stop!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I have been stinking TRYING to leave a comment for 2 days now! Google made me sign in, but said my password was wrong and wouldn't let me reset it!!! Argh!

I wanted to say that Aleah is cuter by the moment and I LOVE the little yellow outfit in one of the first shots. SO CUTE. Truly, she's adorable. Now...we'll see if Google lets me post this...

Shari said...

Oh my goodness! What an adorable little sweetie pie! She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you! This precious little person just renews your awareness of God's goodness and his care.
It's great that you're blogging, I've already stared to forget things from before I started mine.