Thursday, April 22, 2010

Should be getting things done....

... but this seemed like more fun at the moment. And I guess it's been awhile, eh? So, life here in little ol baton Rouge... what to tell you? Well, I guess it was about a week ago now, my roommate from Indiana, Bethany, and another friend from there, Cari, came to visit. I guess I told you they were coming already so yeah, they did and it was great. Way too short, but so good to see them again and be able to catch up in person. There really isn't a great substitute for being with friends/family in person. Phones and e-mails are okay, but just not the same. Anyway, they came on Tuesday afternoon and came to where I work. We had the joy of going swimming there before coming home. On Wednesday we had a pretty relaxing day. In the afternoon we went to a plantation. It was in the same town as the one we went to with Sheldon and Sara, but a different plantation. This one wasn't quite as "earthy" - more ritzy and no turkeys wandering around. The gardens were gorgeous and it was such a pretty walk around the grounds. In the evening we went to the levee and enjoyed the beautiful evening weather (soon it will be boiling hot even at 11 at night - I love the evenings right now!) and took in the sights of the lights and Mississippi River and such. They had to leave Thursday morning so poof, it was over just like that.

What else? I'm done working now for the time being, except for Saturday I'm going to put in a bunch of time because I owe some hours that I hadn't worked off yet. But not getting up at 6:30 is SO blissful. When I had my doctor appointment 2 weeks ago, she told me I could go anytime. Then a week ago she told me she doesn't think I'll be early. huh? Make up your mind woman! It'll be interesting to hear what they say tomorrow. I have to see a different doctor tomorrow because my regular one is gone. People always say the last few weeks just drag on and on, but I haven't found that to be the case, yet anyway. I think mainly because I have a lot to keep me busy and because as much a I can't WAIT to hold the baby and to not be pregnant, there's that whole labour and delivery thing that I'm not exactly skipping for joy about. So that makes the wait a little easier I think.

My car has been at the doctor all week. = ( I need to get an inspection sticker on it - something that Louisiana requires, and when I took it in for the inspection, it didn't pass. Unfortunately, it's a little pricey to get it inspection worthy. We now have it at another place waiting for a second opinion on the estimate. SO, we are finding out what it would be like to be a one car family. Pretty sad how much we depend on 2 vehicles. Dave rode his bike to school the other day and got a flat tire on the way home. bummer. Then today we realized that he has to be at school tomorrow morning and I have to be at the doctor, so I guess he'll ride my bike to school tomorrow and see if that works out any better. Nice of him to not make me ride to the doctor.

Well, I think that's all for now. Enjoy the pics and have a lovely day.

7 comments:

shaunjoy said...

...but think of how awesome it would be seeing you ride a bike right now! :) Hope you're feeling well. Have fun counting down to the end!

Sabrina said...

-I like your hair! Give it a couple weeks and it will "even" out.
-I always post comments under a picture and I always wonder if I'm driving someone crazy. I have no idea where they should go.
-I like the fabric. I'm anxious to see what you have planned!
-I forget what else I was going to say. :)

Karla said...

That is nice of Dave to take the bike. Very nice. And I like your haircut. And...we should chat again sometime. I keep thinking of you and that baby!!!

Jenni said...

The haircut looks fine to me! Maybe I can get a matching one before I come see you. :-)

I like the Wow sign. Love it. You Definitely have to teach it to Cletus!

I got some cool, easy quilt patterns from Marcella this morning. Pictures coming soon...

Rhonda said...

i'm glad you didn't have to ride the bike. and i love the haircut. and i like the fabric a lot - did you already buy it? can't wait to see it all done! and i canNOT wait until there are baby pictures on here. :)

rachelslab said...

Rhonda - haven't bought it yet because I don't know for sure how much I need yet. Just took pictures and have scraps. = ) I can't wait till there's baby pics on here either! (labour will be OVER then - YEAY!!) Should be a good little comment generator I'd think.

Betty said...

Like all the pics! Your hair will be great as you are about to have a baby! And can't wait for the baby announcement!!!!!!!