Saturday, May 01, 2010

Happy May 1st

Thought I'd stumble on here and just say a quick hello cause I'm sorta bored so why not bore all of you as well? Nothing too new to report. I'm finding that I have very little positive to report on the latter weeks of pregnancy. It's just sort of like, wow, this is really miserable, yes indeed, okay, another day... ho hum... Sleeping is pretty much a nightmare. But I guess some days I still feel relatively okay.

So, should I shoot for my brother and sis-in-law's anniversary (tomorrow), another brother's big 4-0 birthday (the next day), a friend's birthday, (the day after that), Cinco de Mayo (the day after that) or ummmm.... mother's day? I dunno. But I guess it doesn't matter what what I want anyway.

Today I bought some cheap, practical slippers for hospital use. I rather like them as they are cozy and such. My hubby hates them passionately and hopes I never wear them after the hospital because they look like a grandma. Now I like a guy with opinions, but seriously? I said, "You wear things I don't like," and he said, "What!?!, Tell me! I'll stop!!" So apparently he feels very strongly about these slippers. who knew. sigh. Even as I look at them I think they are kinda cute. Maybe I'll go stick my feet in his lap and see how annoyed he gets. That's always a fun little game.

It's now officially hot here. Hot and muggy. Some days I find myself wondering if summer's almost over. Then I remember this is the first of May and we won't get relief until November probably. And I think about how it's probably snowing in Red Lake and hmmmm.... I wonder where you can go where it's 70 degrees and sunny every day of the year. But I suppose if you lived in a place like that, some of the joy of 70 degree sunny days would be lost.

I need to make the bed in the guest room and clean our sinks. That what I should be doing, but I cannot drum up the motivation to do these things. See, like I said, I have not much to say, just don't feel like doing anything. Well, I guess that's it then. My mind is blank. Happy weekend and such.

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

"I'm finding that I have very little positive to report on the latter weeks of pregnancy."

not many of us ever have. :) it's so you're ready for labour. :) hang in there. it really does end. and yes, if you have baby today, i'll be much more likely to remember the date! :)

Kari said...

It must be something about those Chapman boys. I've also got "grandma" slippers and even a "grandma" robe (it's big and soft and fuzzy and very warm) that Jon doesn't care for. I just ignore him :-)

Bethany said...

You're a hoot. By the way, you do realize that chatting every day like we have been is going to lead me to FREAKING. OUT. if you don't chat with me some day, and I'm just going to be positive that you're in labor?? And then it won't be a secret. ; ) Unless it all happens in the span of a few hours through the hours of the dark night. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Kendra said...

Hope these final days go quickly! I'm looking forward to reading your blog about labour and delivery...
=)Kendra

Kendra said...

I just have to comment again so I can claim "messes" as my verification word. I think this is the first time the letters made a real word for me!

My Not-So-Empty-Nest said...

Oh Rachel dear. Ye know not the day nor the hour, henceforth get thineself up and wash thy dirty sinks etc. before Jenni arriveth. Hmm. my spell check doth not like my words ending in "th". And my word veri. word is "whince".
I will hope and pray your L and D is short and bearable.

Bethany said...

I find it funny that Rita's wv was "whince." Painfully appropriate. And referring to my comment - where are you today??? Are you at the hospital??? Do relieve a friend of her angst if you're not!

Iris said...

I think it's funny that Kendra's wv was messes. That's what your about to see in the hospital. Don't worry. Dave will forget all about the slippers by the time you bring that new little bundle home. Oh and, don't clean the sinks. Jenni will be happy to do it when she gets there! I'll be praying for you!

rachelslab said...

Funny Iris - Before Jenni comes, Dave's mom comes, and I was scared that if I let the sinks go another 2 weeks, the fur that was growing on them might have morphed into a savage beast and eaten us alive. They are finally sparkly white again. whew!

Robyn said...

I just wanna see the slippers. And the baby :-)