Friday, October 16, 2009

Kumquat, yer grounded!

I guess Kumquat has graduated to fig status this week. nice. Kumquat is more fun though. So, a few more ramblings from these parts. Dave took his exam on Tuesday and did very well and passed. I need to teach him some things about perfectionism though, because he tends to only focus on what he missed, instead of all the things he got perfectly right. I just don't get that. (ha. I've been realizing how much both of us, at least in certain areas, have such crazy high standards for ourselves. I'm sure it's a deep seated spiritual issue. Now we get to wonder how all our faults will warp our offspring. hooray!) Anyway, the night that he passed, all I wanted more than anything else in the world, was just to go out to eat, celebrate, and have a good time. But alas, I instead laid on the couch with a very upset tummy. I was so bummed. This little kumquat...er.. fig, has sure been a little pill lately. When I got the cold, I noticed that the nausea was getting better, but as soon as the cold started getting better, the nausea came back in full force. What's with that!?! Anyhoo, we have plans to celebrate the first night I can tolerate the thought of going out to eat.

I feel like this is all boring rambling about preg. type stuff. I guess I don't get out so much these days so what else do I have to write about? A couple days ago Dave and I were talking about Thanksgiving and suddenly I head the urge for a cold turkey sandwich, you know the kind you make with the left over turkey from thanksgiving. oh man... the urge wouldn't leave. Actually, that and one of Rita's home made cinnamon buns were about the only 2 things in the world I felt like eating. So last night Dave went searching for turkey. Isn't he sweet? Comes home with a turkey breast for us to cook. haha. we didn't' really know what we were doing and in the end, well, I fell fast asleep and woke up at 11 to eat (it was nice and cold by then) but it was sorta grisly and I had to gag it down. rats. Next time we'll try to prepare it differently as well I think. just didn't do it for me.

There is a doc at the ob/gyn office I go to now, who's name is Dr. Peek. I'm just immature enough to find that hilarious.

Yesterday I was able to go to Bible Study finally and it was great to be there again and get to share our news with a few people who didn't know it yet. And it was a great discussion as well.
= )

It's Friday and that makes me indescribably happy.

Oh, I'll just answer the questions from the comments from the last post here: Kendra - May 7th, Sabrina, you ask me for suggestions for names, but the thing is, being the youngest is a large line of fertile siblings, I have had so many names that I liked snatched away. It grieves my soul. So I offer you girl names I like - Hazel, Gertrude, Begonia, and Veranda. Wait a second, I guess it wouldn't matter if we had kids with the same name, since we only see each other about once a decade...hmmmmm..... but I can't list the ones I really like either. = ) Althogh I do think a little Rachie would go quite nicely with your boy's names. = P Robyn, haha, yes we have tended to difer on name selections, although I pretty much like your girl's names. I'm always open to suggestions (unlike Dave).

Well, I think I've bored you all long enough. More to come.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Rachel, I laugh every time I read your posts because it's just like sitting in your room at Rosedale and hearing you say everything :) Sorry the little fig is making you feel so yucky! Hopefully, it will pass soon and you can to the middle trimester where you have more energy and less yuckiness! And as for Dr. Peek--that is funny!

shaunjoy said...

Ha! Dr. Peek. :) Also, the name Gertrude is somewhat taken. That's what Shaun calls our poor sweet Greta. Although if you really like it (*sigh*) I guess you could use it. :)

rhonda said...

did i snatch away your names? which nieces and nephews have the snatched names?

ha ha...i was just about to comment on dr peek, when i saw that my word verification is pooke. i'm just immature enough to find that funny.

LaRonda said...

Oh Rachel, I am sorry you have to go through these first couple of months like this. I feel your pain...it brings back way to many feelings that I would rather not feel right now. It will be worth it!
I know this doesn't sound very nice, but I always tried to remember that if I was sick then it was a good thing, but that is very hard to remember when you feel awful. Hang it there...this to shall pass!!

Sabrina said...

Thanks for the name suggestions -I think. :) I know of a girl that was very sick for three pregnancies than she took some natural vitamins for her fourth and had a great pregnancy. If you're interested I'll find out the name for you. I am sorry you are so sick. Hopefully it passes soon!

iris said...

Oh MY, Peek and Pooke, Hahahahaha! And I laughed at the last of a line of fertile siblings comment too. :) I didn't laugh over you laying on the couch feeling yucky, or the fact that your turkey didn't turn out good. I just had one of those wonderful sangwiches yesterday. (Do I sound like your sister?)

Judy said...

Dr Peek, what a hoot! Dave was delivered by Dr. Wu, which I always thought was funny. Trudy is a great name, kind of like someone else's name in the family :) Counting the days till Dec 12! PS: Found 3 new maternity tops at our favorite store. Shall I send them?

rachelslab said...

Rhonda - let's see. I really liked the name Emily back in the day, then I told Darla how much I liked it - enter... Emily. Dave and I could agree on Kaitlyn because of his Katie thing - I don't really go for the other Katie names. I like Caleb, Dave likes Josiah, there's probably more...

Judy - That's so nice of you! wow. = ) You can send them or bring them (haha) or I can get them at Christmas.

Iris, I'm jealous of your turkey sandwich! Please bring it to me soon!

Sabrina - I'd be interested to know what she takes. I'm thinking about starting to take something as well and I wonder if it's similar.

Robyn said...

Hope the sickness passes soon. I wish I could bring come hang out with you unti you feel better. I find it fun to satisfy pregnant women's cravings :-) So you'd probably have me baking up a 20 lb turkey and making cinnamon buns. There's nothing more rewarding then seeing someone scarf something down with true appreciation. Ha!

rachelslab said...

Um, so Robyn, when is it that you're coming??