Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rumblings from the deep south

Howdy! Well, where to start. It's been a great week and now it's good to be home (I think). As I had aforementioned, we were heading to GA for Dave's cousin's wedding on Saturday and were planning on making a little trip out of it. We left Wednesday morning. The idea was to leave around 10 - 11, but that turned into 12:30 - 1:00. So we were annoyed about that. Not surprised, but annoyed none the less. So Dave had arranged for us to go somewhere Wed. evening and I didn't know where we were going. It was the first time in the history of our relationship that he was able to keep a secret I think. = ) And it was a lot of fun. Anyway, as we were driving along, I see this vast expanse of water and wondered aloud - WHAT IN THE WORLD? IS THAT THE OCEAN?? Can you say DDUUHHHHH!!!!! For some reason, as close as we live to the coast, it never occurred to me that we might be going there. I just assumed he found some nice little town somewhere with pretty scenery, even though he had made it clear we needed swimwear and sunscreen. hello! Anyway, would you believe, my little fluffer nutter cake took us to Orange Beach in Alabama. It was SO SO SO SO very splendid to be there, and it was fine that we got there a little later, since the afternoon would have been a little smokin hot. So we spent all evening at the beach and it was gorgeous and I hadn't been to the ocean since um, 2001 I think. It was great! Thursday we headed to GA and Dave's parents and brother were there as well as aunts and uncles. Um, what else - the wedding and reception was lovely. It was good to be with family again. I got the worse haircut of my life right before we left which was a lot of fun - one side was longer than the other, it was choppy, 2 haircuts in one... ARG! Anyhoo... I went back to the same lady to try to get it fixed yesterday. It's still not great, but okay. Back to the wedding, Dave and I are sort of disasters waiting to happen. At the ceremony, he had the camera and then we left it sitting on the bench when we walked out. When I realized we didn't have it, we started looking all over and it was GONE. We freaked out of course. Thankfully, when we got to the reception, someone came up to us right away and had picked it up and brought it along. Whew! The next evening, we went out to eat and I left my purse on the floor at the restaurant. I didn't realize it until we were at Walmart and Dave said he didn't have his wallet and we needed to buy something. Went back to the restaurant and they had it in the office. Whew again! We headed back on Monday and made good time. Today, the homestead is relatively in order again and that's a nice feeling. Well, I guess that's all for now.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a fun trip! For what it's worth, I think your hair looks great. I really like the length. The rest of you looks great too. :)