Sunday, June 21, 2009

More news from me even though my fan base seems to have shrunk to microscopic proportions...

* sniffles and sobs

* I don't know where to begin

* I'm scared this might bore you all to tears.

* I don't want to do that.

* Maybe I'll just leave now....

* I didn't.

* In no particular order at all:

* June 9th was our 10 month anniversary. I only mention that because I have mentioned the previous 9. This is the first one that we both totally forgot until days later. We were busy running around getting ready for our trip and stressing over what to get each other for our birthdays. Well, I was anyway, I don't know what he was doing.

* Today I discovered, found if you will, in our kitchen (which is laughable because our kitchen is the size of a pin head, an EMPTY DRAWER that has been empty ever since we moved. What in the stinkin world?? Every drawer and cupboard in this place is full to overflowing and that has sat this empty one for almost a year. That is no longer the case. (I told you this would be boring)

* I have the giggles right now. Everything is hitting me as hilarious, even though it probably isn't.

* This afternoon Dave called into one of his favorite radio shows and talked to the guy, Greg Koukl on STR, one of his heroes. He was pacing around the house afterwards, unable to finish his sentences and unable to concentrate on anything. And analyzing everything he said and wishing he had said things differently. It was amusing. I do the same thing as far as analyzing past conversations for things that went wrong. If I was on the radio, I'm pretty sure I'd expire right on the spot.

* If I/we don't make it up to Red Lake this summer (the prospects of which are looking very slim), it will be a whole year that I go without seeing family and friends up there. That hasn't happened for a very long time. I'm sad at the thought, but such is life I guess. I feel like I might as well be living in Europe. I don't think the plane tickets would cost more anyways... and then there's the Belgian waffles and changing of the guard.

* The other Sunday we were driving home from church trying to decide what to eat for lunch and Dave mentions, "Well.... we do have lunch meat at home..." I grimace.... Dave in a weird voice... "Not so sexy, eh?" HUH? Again, probably not funny at all, but at the time... oh my. We do like our Sunday lunches sexy around here... so odd.

* In regard to the scrapbooking pages that are above or below, depending on the mood of blogger today... it's been so fun going back and pouring over all these sweet pictures of our love when it was young and fresh. I bought from Creative Memories, these sappy, mushy, bordering on tacky, sayings all about love, for our scrapbook (was there enough commas in that sentence?). The other day I was scrappin ferociously and we were having "one of THOSE days" of um, wedding unbliss, shall we say. Dave was flipping through pages I had done and reading them when he reads/asks aloud: "Have I learned the song that is in your heart and do I sing it to you when you have forgotten?" Oh my, I thought I might burst a seam. At that moment, my tacky little sayings seemed so utterly ridiculous. I told him the song that is in my heart is "Pick up your dirty socks!" and "Help me clean up this dump!" and things of that nature. We had a good laugh over it all.

* This afternoon I made home made twinkies, for which I am famous for in these parts. Not really actually, but I have made them before and they have been so amazingly good. Today they are just bla. And I wanted to take a bunch of them to my friend who lets me do my laundry at her house and loans us wedding clothes and such. Now I feel bad about giving her less than perfecto baking. boo sob.

* After almost a year of marriage, we discovered yesterday that we disagree over which way the TP should on the holder. We're excited about something new to scrap about. I honestly don't suspect it will be much of an issue, if the past year is any indication, but the song in my heart is definitely UNDER not over!

* It is common knowledge that I tend to be more pessimistic while Dave is the optimist. However, I have discovered as of late, (which I find to be a bit backwards) that I'm more trusting (gullible?) than he is. He thinks EVERYTHING is a scam and does not miss an opportunity to be suspicious. Some times I think I may scream if I hear the words "It sounds like SCAM!" one more time. I, on the other hand, am still holding out hope that we will get rich working 10 hours a week on our computers and will find a house for 5,000 that is the most adorable thing you've ever seen.

* I want to post something here that I found very funny but I'm scared it's just too inappropriate so I guess I won't. shucks. but I really want to.

* Last night we went to Borders and I got reading this book and could not put it down. We almost had to spend the night there, but thankfully, they let us out the back door. Anyway, you should check out the website. What an incredible story - basically, a family with 2 boys and the one apparently very very disturbed and was plotting for years to have his family murdered. He finally was partially successful and his mom and brother were both killed but his dad lived, forgive him, and became his best friend and advocate. That son is now on death row. Anyway, not exactly light and fluffy reading, but an incredible story. I came home and looked it up online and started reading more and watching interviews with the dad and couldn't pull myself away. Although some wise people might question the wisdom if staying up till 2 reading gruesome details about murder plots and family shootings. Anyway, the testimony of the father is incredible. At first I was really impressed with him, then I watched more of the story online and learned that his son had plotted 3 times before to kill them all, finally pulls it off, runs off to Mexico, then when he's on the stand, cries and acts remorseful. He goes out to eat with his family, knowing the whole time that there is an assassin in his house waiting to kill them all, except for him, and could have stopped it at any point, but never ever does. Then I struggled with wondering if that is beyond the realm of forgiveness. Seriously. How incredible sick can a person be? Anyway, on that cheery note.. I was not going to go into all that.

* Dave and I are looking for a new apartment and did not expect it to be such a headache! Basically, we have to give a 30 day notice for moving out of our place, but nearly every place that is renting wants to rent immediately and won't hold anything. So you have to take something without seeing it, or give a notice without anything lined up for sure and hope the right thing comes up. We were ready to put a deposit down on one place without seeing the inside, after asking a lot of questions and all, but when we went in to talk to the lady, someone had just beaten us to it. She said rarely do they show any of their places - people put down deposits all the time without seeing them. ARG! And we also have some confusion about when our lease is actually up so we're not sure what to do. Right now it's up Sept. first but it's supposed to be Aug. first and we could get it changed to Aug. 1st but we don't know yet where were going. But if we leave it at Sept, it won't necessarily be any different then either ... anyway... Hopefully something comes up in the next week or so that someone would hold for us. That would be the best possible situation.

* I think I have reached the end of my rambles.

* Have a nice Sunday.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

well, that was interesting! and the song in my heart is definitely "Bring Me Some Twinkies" and "How Could You Just Now Find The Drawer??"

Rhonda said...

if i'm your fan base (or even part of it...), don't waste any time worrying about the microscopic proportions. just sayin'.

lovely and fantastic pages. i want to re-do my wedding pictures.

the song in my heart is "why are all of my kids at home today with coughs?" it's sort of an anthem of motherhood.

can you email me the inappropriate thing? please? :D

the un-sexy lunchmeat thing is random. yes indeed.

gotta go.

Sabrina said...

I'm still here! Blog world does seem rather slow right now. How did you not know you had a drawer!! Makes me want to go and look for hidden drawers in my kitchen. :) Hope you find a nice aprt soon.

shaunjoy said...

Ah, much amusement. Thanks for bringing a smile to an otherwise overwhelmingly cranky Monday morning.

Um, yeah...how did you miss an empty drawer? Makes me think I should maybe go do a search of my kitchen...

Marybelle said...

Dummy me! I found the "comment" thingy. Most of the time I laugh out loud when I read your stuff. Like I told you once, you have the beginning of a very good, funny book.

Tim Adkisson said...

Yeah, I listen to his STR radio via podcast and I heard him. Dane from Baton Rouge... haha! I was actually amazed at how articulate Dave was.