Saturday, June 06, 2009

Hello Idiot, I'm Rude.

Quick story - Today a friend picked me up to do some running around (we've been doing that a lot lately). At our apartment building, right by the street is everyone's mail boxes with their apartment letter on the box. So my friend pulled up on the street, right in front of the mail boxes, instead of using the parking lot (thankfully). I jumped in her vehicle and was also yacking on the phone when I looked up and something seemed very wrong. And then I shrieked, "THOSE ARE MY KEYS!!!" Would you believe, last night when I got the mail, I left my key chain (with my name on it) and my house key, car key, and mail key, right in the mailbox slot. I could NOT believe it. First of all, all you have to do is look at the box which has the apartment letter on it, and there ya go. Or help yourself to my car, whichever you prefer. To top it all of, some bafoon, must have stumbled upon this set of keys, and rather than choosing to do something helpful about it, went to the trouble of finding a big yellow piece of paper and a pen, and left me a note attached to the keys still hanging in the mailbox door (drawing further attention to them). The note said, "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" Thanks. I sorta sensed that without your help. Arg. Anyway, could have been bad, but thankfully, we live in a safe area of town populated by really obnoxious college students.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Rachel, that is hilarious! Especially the fact that they took the time to write a note, and do nothing about your keys being stuck there :)

Bethany said...

Oh my word, Rachel! That is classic. I confess that I had to smile even as I shuddered! : )

Glenda said...

Oh Rachel girl, you crack me up! So glad nothing bad happened!!!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

i'm speechless.

ribbit98 said...

Oh my goodness! That is terribly funny!!!

Anonymous said...

What can I say my dear Rachel?!?!I had to laugh though,
Twila H.