Thursday, April 09, 2009

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOEEEECCCHHH (excited girl scream)

So, what is there to be so excited about? Well, Thursday of a long weekend is right up there. But also the fact that we now own a new, sleek, and shiny computer, something I have never done in my life, is also pretty far up on the list. Let's see, where shall I begin in order to properly bore you with the computer saga. I've been meaning to write for awhile but I've been swamped with ummm..... surfing the net and stuff like that. Anyway, our computer has been most uncooperative lately. It's actually Dave's computer. Mine is so far gone. It sounds like a mixer when you turn it on. But anyway... So Dave had a friend and computer guy at school who graciously offered to work on the computer. Basically he was going to back everything up and then totally delete everything and reinstall windows and whatever other programs. So last weekend he was working on it. Thankfully, he had just backed everything, and the motherboard fried. sizzle. gone. I was drenched in sorrow. Just kidding. I was THRILLED! See, we were planning on getting a new computer anyway within the next year probably. We were just going to shop around and take our time. With his computer being dead, there was no way we were going to put more money into that thing, since we were planning on getting a new one anyway. So his friend felt so bad (not like it was his fault) and said he would loan us a computer until we got one. He also worked on mine enough that we could supposedly use that. So we tried mine, and could get no Internet on it. So he brought one over for us to borrow (that he had put a lot of work into fixing up for us) and the monitor wouldn't work for that computer! Hello! Everything would work until it was brought into our house. The guy said he has never seen so many computer problems like this on the same people's computers ever. So anyway, by this time, we had been looking around and shopping and basically knew which computer we wanted so we figured why prolong the agony of trying to make all this junk work? (I think all our data in on the computer that the guy was going to loan to us, so hopefully we'll get that at some point.) I have never known so much about processors, RAM, capacity, etc. - it's rather fun. Okay, not that I know much, but much for me. We got it set up the other night and it's so amazing. We have never had anything that works so fast and is so stinkin pretty. The screen is so brilliant I feel like I almost have to squint sometimes. I have a picture on it of the stained glass window from our wedding church and it's so amazing. I could just stare at it all day - all the colors and such. So anyway, I was all excited about finally posting pics to my bloggy, when yet another glitch was thrown into the system. I couldn't download my printer software onto the new computer because it's Windows Vista, not XP. very pooie! So I don't know - I think Dave might download XP or something because he can get it free from school. So at some point I should be able to get pics on here. Oh, I could also download some photo editing software and use that, I'm just used to using the stuff that came with the printer. If anyone has any suggestions for free photo editing stuff that will resize pics, let me know, K? I was looking online last night and found one I think I might try. I'd be interested to know what you all use.

So anyway, I feel as though that was all very boring and I apologize, in case you're still reading. I'm trying to come up with some other interesting news and I'm having a hard time. I'm SO glad a 3 day weekend is upon us! Did I mention that already? We have talked about possibly getting out of the city. I'm so ready for a change of scenery. But we're not sure. I should also scrapbook my brains out and work on getting lots done on the wedding book since I've been slacking in that department lately.

Oh, it's our 8 monthiversary today. I should mention that because I think I have the last 7 months so why stop now?

Dave has spring break this last week. I shall just mention that the scenario of him leaving for work with me still sleeping worked out MUCH MUCH better for me. ugh. I'm not a good person, that's all there is to it.

Do you all know what On the Border is? I'm not sure how far reaching the chain is, but anyway... okay, now I know because I looked online and it looks like it's lots of places. Anyway, last Sunday night, Dave and I discovered some of the best food I've had since I got here. Oh my word it was so tasty!! And we could split which makes it even better. Basically, it was their build your own fajitas. We could get chicken for me and shrimp for him, and then these amazing fresh vegetables - zucchini and squash and onions, with this amazing honey chipotle sauce. Okay, so anyway, if you live close to one, you should really try it out. It was SO SO SO good and plenty for the both of us. Always like it when that works out. And I had the thought that as much as I have to adjust to living in a city and all the annoyances that go along with it, we are sure blessed with OPTIONS around here and that's also really nice at times. So I'm now trying to focus more "On the Border" and less on the traffic (but I have to deal with traffic every day and can't, unfortunately, deal with on the border every day...hmmmm...). And I shall now cease and desist boring you to death. Happy Easter weekend!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm happy for you and your new computer :-) And I'm jealous of good fajitas!

LaRonda said...

Hey Rachel,
Happy Easter! I am going to have to see if we have a restaurant like that. Sounds good!

Bethany said...

I'm sad that you only have 2 comments on this exubertant post so I'm going to be #3. Hmm...what to say. How's your weekend been? Mine's been great. I've cooked up a storm, read, watched some golf on TV (I'm turning into someone I'm not sure I know), walked/ran a lot, shopped yesterday for 4 hrs. - thrift store, 3 grocery stores, and another clothing store. That's all for now. Love you!