Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wedding book and severe emotional distress...


Howdy one and all. Or more like one and one. Anyway, FINALLY I am getting some pics on this blog, though they will be few. The reason being if I keep trying to post pics on here, I fear that our next 20 tax rebates will not cover the therapy I will need. I love our new computer, really I do, but you know, when you're just used to how something works and have a system down, and then everything changes, ouch! It has been SO frustrating at times - one thing after another going wrong or not working right - downloading different programs and then they are different than they used to be. And then today I figured out something I could use to resize pictures and then I was having all sorts of problems with the files on the computer and on and on. Anyway, I'll spare you the gory details - I was highly frustrated, but did manage to finally eek these out, after much distress and trauma. I also have some more pics from the last few months that I'd like to get on here eventually. Last weekend we went to a really pretty little town more in the country. I was aching to get out of the city and it was really nice there. That was the excitement of the last few weeks. Other than that, things have been pretty even keeled around here. Last night we went walking around a really neat part of town that we hardly ever go to and I think it will now become a favorite hangout. It was so nice after dark, just a little cook, and there's little shops, a water fountain, and there's a honkin huge movie theater there and outside they have these 3 screens that are sort of like giant screen savers. So we can sit there and be mesmerized by such cheap thrills. We also went to Barnes and Noble which is right there to spend some of a gift card. So he's reading a book about how the state's borders were formed and is very intrigued by that. I'm hoping to read "Same Kind of Different as Me" but I might wait to start till Monday morning when I really need something to do. Anyway, without further ado, here's a little peek at most of the pics I've done so far. I think I'd like to scrapbook this weekend maybe. I need to get a move on with that thing.


Okay, I GIVE UP!!! I just deleted that top picture about 4 times, and then lost the entire post and had to do it over. (I had that writing saved). And struggled with blue underlined font... Technology and I are NOT getting along today in the least. The top picture is REFUSING to let anything be written above it, so there you go, the top picture is the cover picture. There will be some stuff between that page and this one: I had done the last page 3 pictures down first and then decided to just put all our vows in since they were short and to the point anyway. So they are in the next few pages, don't know if you can read it with the small pics.




My personal favorite: The pics don't show up well but in the first 2, Dave is blurry and the last one I'm blurry. They look pretty neat in my humble opinion, and I liked the way the page turned out.

My not so favorites, although I love the brown stickers I found. I also really got into the black rub on stuff, as you may have noticed. Hopefully it's not overkill. I'm not sure about the word "joy" right here - I was getting tired of putting love everywhere... but anyway, I did it and then thought it might be dorky.
The dots are stick - tac holding the velum down until I find something that doesn't show through. I got something from CM but this stuff is thinner paper and it sorta shows through. Might just use it anyway.

Okay, that's all for now. I think I shall go back to a simpler time now by reading a whatcha call book or gluing stuff on paper. At least then it's pretty straightforward. I can be in control and don't have to worry about clicking my way right to the looney nut house.

12 comments:

Jenni said...

very, very nice!! i really like the pages!!!!! but why, oh why did you put in that crazy one of us jumping?!? i should hire you to re-do our wedding pics. :-)

now i think you need to change the color of your blog so it matches the pictures. :-P at least until you post a few more times. hehe. (we are nothing if not perfectionistic!)

Rita said...

Oh Rachel! You have done an amazing job on your album. I know you'll always be glad that you got it done up so beautifully and can remember your wedding day in this way. I really like the idea of putting your vows in there where they are easy to read and remember.
Can you believe it is almost one year ago that Jenni and I were done to help you? Soon you'll be celebrating your first anniversary! Too bad you can't come up and help me make a family album that I'm gathering photos and ideas for. AKA loose pictures that need attention.
Keep writing (and posting pictures) about your new location so your readers can't wait to come explore. It sounds like an intriguing place, but we've never had a reason to go there. yet.
I love reading about you and Dave and how happy you are!

Rhonda said...

beeyoootiful!!

also, so funny that yesterday i just scrapbooked your wedding pictures in my book. :)

Kendra said...

Rachel, your scrapbooking is...amazing. I stand in awe.

shaunjoy said...

Looks really, really good. You want to come do mine? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm the slow one but I want to say too how much I REALLY like them. Sometime though I'm laying that album on my lap sitting beside you and looking at it with you.When are you coming to Iowa again?:)
Twila

Bethany said...

Lovely as we all expected and knew it would be. You're amazing. Oh yeah - did you do anything about your wild idea from last week??!! Maybe that's what you were wanting to tell me on IM this afternoon...

Robyn said...

Oh my WORD! Those are totally amazing. Wow. I could join everyone else and ask if you want to do mine too. Oh man, I am SO not a scrapbooker, so I'm really in awe. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are one truly amazing scrapbooker! I have seen many wedding albums in my day. And in my humble opinion, yours would have to win the grand prize for overall creativity and color coordination, capturing feelings, mood and emotion! Perhaps you should put out your shingle and run your own business as a professional scrapebook consultant!
Just think of it, you might even be able to avoid the daily frustrations of fighting city traffic, fewer hassels with your car and such deadly situations as heading down a one way street the wrong way!! I know about these things, for I have been there myself!!
All this to say, your scrapbook appears to be a true work of art, a treasure to have for a life time and for others to enjoy as well.
Blessings to you and Dave.
Carolyn Schantz

Jenni said...

nice new colors on your blog. :-P you're such an obedient sister.

glenda said...

Rachel, your pages are beautiful! I am just now seeing your site for the first time in a long time and was so impressed to see scrapbook pages! I'd love to see the book in person....so you'll just have to come on back up here for a visit. How fun it would have been to have you around this week with Bethany being here, etc. Miss you.

Wendy Yutzy said...

I love your book! It is beautiful!