Friday, March 06, 2009

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Thank God it's Friday! I haven't had that feeling in a long time. I got home from work early this afternoon - no better way to kick off a weekend! I left the conference to go to the doctor, and then the conf. was over by the time I was done and my nice supervisor didn't make me contend with the Friday afternoon traffic, just to drive in to the office for a little while. So I came home. So nice. So I know that the smart thing to do would be to clean the house right now. It really needs it and I love having everything all clean going into the weekend. And not having to do it on Saturday. But I'm so tired and can't make myself do it. I just want it be magically be done. sigh. Maybe we should be foster parents to a 10 year old who could do all the cooking and cleaning for us. haha. I'm totally kidding. I would never be a foster parents for such selfish reasons! But I hear my sister tell her kids - go mop! go vacuum! And I think, wow, wouldn't that be nice. So I say it - GO MOP! But nothing happens. sigh. Anyhoo... It's also an absolutely gorgeous day here and supposed to be all weekend. Dave and I sort of want to go sit at a park and soak up the rays and enjoy the sunshine till the sun goes down. But sitting in the sun would be so much nicer if I knew the homestead was all clean. For me anyway. I shall not comment on Dave's thoughts on the matter. So as you probably noticed, I don't have a lot to say. I could tell you about the conference I've been at, but that would either be really boring or really depressing. I could tell you that I won a million bucks, but that would be a lie. I could tell you I pierced my naval, amputated my arm, shaved my head, which might be interesting, but again, not entirely true. But telling you that I need to clean my house and the weather is gorgeous just seems really boring. I'm sorry! Truly sorry!

4 comments:

Matthew and Rhonda said...

ah yes. it is nice to have helpful kids, but just don't forget that before you get helpful kids you get years of more work than you have now, as well as all the training to make them helpful! :) but, i see what you mean. for instance, as i read your blog, caitlyn was washing sierra's hair. :D it does happen.

Megan said...

Rachel, you crack me up :) I love your random thoughts . . . reminds me of conversations while together at Rosedale. Hope you enjoy your warm weekend, whether the homestead is clean or not!

Jenni said...

want me to send my little moppers down there? :-) remember too that they don't do such a great job always, either. the other day i had to explain to logan why we mop. he didn't seem to get it at first. :-)

rachelslab said...

They would probably think they were on vacation with the size of my floors! = )