Sunday, March 22, 2009

quick update....

Well, the weekend was .... interesting. Friday night I was wondering what I got myself into, but Saturday turned out to be profitable. And I definitely expanded my social circle. While I do want to get my wedding pics done by this summer, I have to keep telling myself not to worry about not setting any speed records. They are wedding pictures, after all! The main thing is to get organized and get the ball rolling. I also have to constantly tell myself that even though they are wedding pics, not every page has to be a frameable work of art for pete's sake! And not to stress about all the details like not all the reds matching right and bla bla bla. Anyway, with that all said, I think I did about 10 pages total in the wedding book. I'm not really worrying at this point about doing them in order either - the head cheese was helpful about that. She said to just start wherever and you can always rearrange them the way you want. The worst thing that would happen is you have one page to fill up if you get done one section before running into the next one that you already started. Filling one page can be done in a million ways. So that was freeing and I started with the most fun ones -the outside ones we took at the park. = ) Anyway, the ladies (and Dave) all gushed over them. I'm happy with some of them, and not as happy with others. ah well, my standards are just too high when it comes to certain things I guess. I'm maybe post some pics when the computer's healed.

Poor Dave just got over a nasty cold and last night was attacked by some odd stomach bug. He's been lying around and sleeping a lot and is quite warmish today.

Oh my, on Friday something happened that hit me so funny. I'm sure it's not nearly so funny anymore reading it and all, but I'll just tell you about it. I usually spend the last hour or 2 of the day as the only one in the office. Such was the case on Friday. You know that feeling (happens to me a lot) when you just know for sure that ever one else in the world just KNOWS this piece of info and somehow, flewf, it went flying right over your head? So I'm sitting in peace and quiet in the office when this bouncy bubbly lady popped her head in and asked, "GOT ANY IDEA IF THERE'S A FLAT DOLLY AROUND HERE I COULD BORROW?" um.. er... well... um.... check ... ummm... On the one hand I feel dumb because I have NO idea what on God's green earth a flat dolly is, but on the other hand it just struck me very very funny, because what sort of a name is that and um, bring me a dolly and I could think of several ways to flatten it for you. So I'm sorta staring at her and and trying to say that I have no idea what she's talking about and trying not to die laughing at the same time, and then she goes, AH HA! There it is!! Viola! A flat dolly! I had no idea! Sorta like a dumb waiter, only bigger, flatter, and on wheels.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

10 pages! i'm so impressed! can't wait to see them.

i love the flat dolly story, too. i wouldn't have known what that was either. :)

have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget your page in your Israel scrapbook with the flag design thing so I'm eager to see what you've already gotten done. And I had no idea what a flat dolly was either! A dolly (for hauling stuff) is one thing, but a FLAT dolly?? Must be a southern thing.

rachelslab said...

Bethany I can't believe you remember that!! I had almost forgotten until I got out the books to look for ideas! Amazing memories. I didn't do anything quite that elaborate yet. = )