Friday, January 23, 2009

freaky, fabulous, fun with family... (or insert your own corny title)

My brother Mike and his wifey Helen and their daughter Sam, and her little Xander were here for a little visit this week, on their way to Alabama. It was so fun to have them here and broke up the monotony of my days. Now we're back to monotonous again... sigh. It was nice while it lasted.

Enjoying some local cuisine... craw fish. I'm trying not to gag. The guys liked it though. I wish I liked seafood, living where we do and all, but I just can't make myself. I did try a bit. (A very minuscule bit, but I tried - not impressed) ahhhh, a wonderful side trip to buggy land. Here is Mike delivering my chariot. They left yesterday morning and yes, I got up to see them off (at like 6:30 or something like that). It was all worth it because the little guy was in such a sweet, cuddly, happy mood, so Dave got some good pictures. I thought about trying to hide him in our room, hoping they would leave without noticing, but no such luck... Isn't he just the sweetest? And my very favorite... How could you get any sweeter than this??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is definitely a dolly. : ) And that picture of the craw fish just makes me want to hurl. How could you enjoy your own food with those things sitting on the table?!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

he is one of the cutest babies ever. thanks for sharing with us. :)

Jenni said...

i'm truly sorry that you're "crippled" right now, but it sure is fun that you're posting so much!

yes, the crawfish look disgusting!

and xander is so cute. i love, love that last pic of him!!

Steph said...

Tisk, tisk, you Northerners just don't know good food when you see it! :-) I'd love some crawfish. We've been trying to figure out how to get some live ones up here in a few months for a crawfish boil.

Hope you're foot is healing and that you'll be able to us it again soon!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

wow. those colours are ummm, well, bright! yes, they are bright!

rachelslab said...

It's purely boredom and I get tired of the same colors that I always go back to, even though these are quite putrescent! (however you spell it)

Sabrina said...

I don't know what to say. all that comes to mind is GREEN! :) How's the foot?