Saturday, January 17, 2009

another quick hi...

I hope you are duly impressed at my posts, which whatever else they may be, they are indeed close together. yippie. So what to tell you? Yesterday was fun, well, most of it anyway. Being greatly housebound and bored as of late, I was able to spend close to 9 hours outside of my 4 walls. That, my friends, was blissful. The first chunk of time was spent at the clinic, which is not particularly enjoyable, but was okay. Dave came with me and then left for a class and I stayed behind and after the appointment was over, sat there waiting for him to come back. I was so happy when 3:00 came along because it meant that the TV in the waiting room would show Dr. Phil, as opposed to the incredibly pathetic soaps that had been playing the hours previous. Dave came just as it was getting good - a 32 year old woman was putting herself up for adoption -- wanted to be legally adopted and have a mom to do things with... um... I didn't hear the end of the story. Anyway, the appointment went okay. The doctor took x-rays and said that it looked good, things had not moved, so no surgery. But he said to stay off it for at 3 weeks and then come see him again. And no driving. = ( So, right now 3 weeks is feeling like a lifetime, but hopefully it will pass quickly. It was a lovely day outside. So Dave and I went to the library and got cards. YEAY! They have 13 libraries all in the same system that we now have access too. That made me very happy. We checked out some DVDs which took awhile. I haven't ventured out on crutches much before yesterday and let me just tell you that people are SO nice - I recommend everyone try it at least once. People open doors for you left and right, give up their seats, look at you with great compassion on their faces, and make cheery small talk about how horrible it is to try to walk with those things. From the library, we went to Olive Garden for supper, using a gift card we received for Christmas (thank you Jon and Kari!). I had not eaten lunch and was rather hungry when we got there. 25 - 30 minute wait says the lady. The lady lied with forked tongue! Anyway, somewhere probably around 45 - 50 minutes we were seated. It was all SOOOOOOO good!! THEN, we went to Walmart to purchase a few much needed items. And I got to ride the little dune buggy thing. Another high point in the day and something I strongly suggest you all try once. I mean, you could always just wrap your foot and ask for the buggy. They are FUN! They do beep when you are going backwards which is a tad embarrassing... but all in all, they are quite the trip and oh so much nicer than crutches. Then we came and watched some episodes of 7th Heaven. And that was the end of my exciting day out on the town.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

i'm duly impressed with your blogging. it's never dully. or something. ha ha.

i think i should have stopped while i was ahead. which was before i started this comment.

Anonymous said...

Your mention of Olive Garden is making me hungry. I was on crutches for a couple days way back in the day for a sprained ankle, and it was awful - my armpits got soooo sore. Here's hoping these weeks FLY by!

Sabrina said...

I plan to mail you your book (finally!)tomorrow. Maybe you'll have time to read it now. Any pictures of you using the buggy? I had a friend that used one as a joke and then pretended to fall out of it. I wasn't there, but I still laugh at the thought. You should try it. People will run from all over to help! Keep up the posts!

Sabrina said...

I plan to mail you your book (finally!)tomorrow. Maybe you'll have time to read it now. Any pictures of you using the buggy? I had a friend that used one as a joke and then pretended to fall out of it. I wasn't there, but I still laugh at the thought. You should try it. People will run from all over to help! Keep up the posts!

Jenni said...

duly. impressed. you. bet. i want to drive a buggy! but i don't want to break my foot to do it...

keep the posts coming! :-)

while you're bored, you could start looking at quilts on-line and start thinking about what you want...

Robyn said...

Did you try leaving the parking lot with the buggy? You could have. Then you could own one.

Anonymous said...

Only in the life of Rachel...

Sorry about the present extenuating circumstances. Just a thought...you should consider joining the discussions at mennodiscuss.com. You would definitely spice things up over there AND you could cut your boredom.

Matthew and Rhonda said...

ahem. the picture?