Sunday, February 01, 2009

food art and other random ramblings

Hi all - I've been meaning to post for awhile and haven't gotten around to it. Now it's midnight on Saturday night. I should be sleeping. Dave is working on math and has to strike while the brain is hot (or something like that), so I thought now would be a perfect time to blog. Tomorrow morning I'll probably think differently, but oh well. First, a small photo display... Last Saturday I guess it was - Dave had bought lots of bananas and knowing that some would probably go bad, I got in the mood for this. And then I had all sorts of fun being decorative. So we took pictures. Dave thought the pattern was very mathematical and totally tubular. (side note - best to eat most of it the day of. even though I soaked the bananas in lemon juice, by day 3 or so - GROSS! Dave of course didn't mind the slimy nasty stuff, so I'd eat around the bananas and save those for him - I just want to be a blessing ya know)
Here we have a pizza. How thrilling that I posted a picture of our pizza for all to see and drool over. Actually, at the time, we were SO hungry and this looked so good, that we had to take a couple pictures. Hooray for papa murphy's. Probably most of my Canadian readers are unfamiliar with this place. They make everything fresh right there and then you go home and bake it. They are very very good. And we have coupons - 7.99 for one of these - no way I could make it for that. And where else can you get zucchini on your pizza? It was very very tasty. Oh, and we make it last for 2 meals meaning 2 bucks each for supper. Am I just trying to justify buying a pizza? I dunno... anyway, there you have it. Um, what can I say? He does odd things and I entertain myself by taking pictures of them when possible.

Okay, enough pictures. I'll try to gab a bit. Today we received a roll top desk from some friends of ours who were wanting to get rid of it. It's really nice and we like it a lot. The only thing is that the (big, huge, um.... not entirely attractive) computer monitor won't come close to fitting on it. Upon further inspection, it does not appear to be designed for a computer so much. Anyway, we're making it work, but things look a little um... full, shall we say. But I like it a lot better than having part of a huge desk out in the living space. I'll post some pics later when I get some stuff on the walls. But it was fun to organize it and all that. The big huge desk that was in the guest room is gone, to make room for the big huge dresser that was in our room, which was moved to make way for the big huge dresser that Mike brought from Red Lake. So now the computer and such is in the living room (actually, the space between the living room and "dining room" I guess would be more accurate, and the guest room is looking more bedroomy. Anyway, I just realized that I'm blathering on and on about things that are probably very boring to the average reader. Let me know when you move your furniture, okay!!?? We're getting things ready for company again this coming week. Don and Marilyn (for you red lakers) are coming through on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to visiting with them. We've been trying to get everything in order and made a lot of progress today, but things are still in somewhat disarray. Dave is much looking forward to the superbowl tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some work done before that (the most restful, Sabbathy kind of work). A really really really odd thing is that I'm almost in some very small way looking forward to the superbowl as well. ACK! I don't know what's happening. When I fear I've become too American, I remind myself how much I would rather be watching the Stanley Cup than the Superbowl. ummmmmm...... oh, here's something overheard lately:

me showing dave an old gratuation picture: "This picture was actually entered in a photo contest."

Dave: "Really? How come?"

Much back peddling and sputtering commenced - it was quite fun.

Okay, I think I'll leave you now. It's getting later and later. funny how that happens.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a knack for being interesting even when you're talking about moving furniture so talk away. I'm hungry - the food looks awesome!

Sabrina said...

You're making me want to eat pizza! the banana stuff looks good too. What's the recipe? Enjoy the superbowl. I'm sad because we are missing our usually party (for the second year). Neither of us are football fans, but it's such fun to get together and eat and just be together.
P.S. Glad you like the book. paper stuff is always an issue for me too. It's gotten a lot better, but I have to stay on top of it.

Matthew and Rhonda said...

yum!!! i want to come eat at your house! :)

Jenni said...

ack! what did you do to your colors? i guess that means you're still not walking and have lots of time at the computer?? :-)

sorry i forgot to comment on here earlier. i read blogs in google reader so it takes a little extra effort to comment... oops.

i'll take a piece of pizza and a big serving of banana pudding, please. so, was the zucchini sauteed, or could you tell? it sounds really yummy. i might have to add that to my spinach/tomato/feta pizza. yah? whaddaya think?

talk soon??

rachelslab said...

The zucchini is the green stuff you see sliced on the pizza.

I've put it on pizza before and it's always fabulous - BBQ s., chicken, onion, pepper, and zucchini was our all time favorite I think.