Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pictures of a bridge and a man making pizza dough (creative juices are not flowing)

We went for a walk on Sunday and again, saw a gorgeous sunset, although the sun was mostly down till we got there so the pictures are sort of dark and not nearly as amazing as it was in real life. Oh well, here's a peek, anyway.

I feel as though you should be tired of seeing dorky self-portraits of us, but just in case you're not, here's another one.
I wonder why everyone doesn't post pictures of their baking? Is that odd? Well, they were just sitting on the counter looking picturesque... they are from the Nisly food blog so there's some free advertising for them. Turned out quite yummy.

Ahhh, here we have Dave learning to make pizza dough. He has an interest in learning to make pizza from start to finish. Who am I to stand in his way?

Well, I guess that's all for now folks. I'm terribly sleepy. And I wish I had more exciting pictures and anecdotes for you all, but I don't. So, until next time, um... keep your stick on the ice?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome silhouetting there! That is a very weird word to spell, but I looked it up so I know it's right. Looks like Dave is learning rule #1 of the kitchen: if you're gonna do it right, you're gonna have to get your hands dirty.

Jenni said...

cool pics! what kind of muffins? if you're gonna advertise, you need to tell us which ones. :-)

shaunjoy said...

By all means if he wants to learn, teach him! Shaun can make approximately 3 things in the kitchen (besides cereal and ice cream), and pizza is one of them...although I buy cheater crust pouches for him...just add water!

Sabrina said...

"keep your stick on the ice" I'm laughing here ahahahahahah -just heard the meetin' call better go Harold. (I hope someone knows what I'm talking about!)

P.S. I like seeing pictures of baking. I was just thinking of posting some on my blog tomorrOW IF I get IT DONE. 1NATE ISQ TYPEIANG WITH ME...

rachelslab said...

They were zucchini muffins.

Robyn said...

Hey, even though I don't get on blogs so much right now, I still come visit and I like seeing what you're up to. Are those MY zucchini muffins? If they are the super-duper ones, aren't they awesome?! I'm glad to know someone else tries those recipes we post...

Anonymous said...

i love those pictures of the bridge! and yay for men cooking!

my word verification is nostriz. like, "did you clean out your nostriz today?"

rachelslab said...

Well, you know, I always like to use the word verifications as potential name options for all my pregnant friends and relations. So like, "Nostriz and Ansaumpe are outside playing..."

Yes , Robyn, your muffins, posted by Kim I believe. VERY GOOD! And I have made tons of stuff from your website, so keep posting, K? Rhonda's tomato soup is a favorite of ours (and Dave likes to chop onions which makes me very happy).

Rita said...

Do you live very close to that bridge? I'm very impressed with the photos you took. Did you ever perfect your pizza recipe?

shaunjoy said...

You know, thanks to you I will never again be able to look at a word verification word the same way. The past few days all I've been able to think about is how awful it would be to name a child "fluvrat", "oblisse", etc., and then giggle like a little schoolgirl.

Wendy Yutzy said...

Rachel, did you ever figure out who called you? It must have been Matthews on our mobile phone!

rachelslab said...

Yep Wendy, it was. Here I was getting all excited that maybe # 5 was on the way or something... sigh... = P

Anonymous said...

Wow...those are beautiful pics! I miss you lots Ray-Ray. Spent some time reading some of your blog this morning. Love ya girl!