Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yeah, I guess I'm still somewhat alive. Life is crazy and all. I don't have lots of time to write but I thought I'd share some pictures from the recent trip to Atlanta - had a really good time. And I've had random blog posts running rampant in my brain for so long but now most of them have left me for another... I just remember this: Why in the world is birdcage one word? I don't get that. And this: Today as I was driving I saw this couple - he was smoking a pipe and she was smoking a cigarette - and they walked into the local health food store. It just cracked me up. Like I pictured them buying some herbal lung cleanse or something. Okay, here's some pictures.

Just in case you're not sick of pictures of us...

A cute little town close to Dave's aunt and Uncle's where we were staying.

So I don't know if you heard about the tornado that went through downtown Atlanta a couple weeks ago, but here's some buildings with lots of windows blown out.


The coke a cola capital of the world...

CNN building with lots of windows boarded up.
We went to the Georgia Aquarium. With the exception of TONS of people and noise, it was really really fun.



Sea Nettle anyone?


Not to toot my own horn, but I have feelings of fondness for this picture. Something about it makes me happy inside.


10 comments:

Jenni said...

wow! a post! thank for the pics and the mental picture of the couple at the health food store! :-)

Anonymous said...

You go, you bad big city girl. I'm assuming you flew and arrived there around the same time? Did you take Lucy with you? Do you think maybe I should just call you sometime rather than asking all these questions? It won't be this weekend 'cause I'm playing piano for chorale in Holmes County (the girl who usually plays is gone for a wedding). I miss ya. Maybe I need to figure out a weekend to just come on out that way again. But with my grandma apparently about to die in Oklahoma, most of life is up in the air right now. Okay, okay, I'll stop now!!

Rhonda said...

did i know you were in atlanta?? anywho...cool pictures.

Anonymous said...

hey hey, just wondering which photo you meant?? the crab photo you are fond of??

(;

Anonymous said...

I was wondering to what was so special about that crab. Did he kiss you or something? I will not get tired of seeing pictures of you and Dave together, especially when you look so perfect and happy and at peace together. Praying for you.

rachelslab said...

yes, there were several points through out the day when I felt a real kinship with that crab. poor Dave.

Robyn said...

Great pics. I don't get tired of seeing you guys either! You are so very cute. :-) And I love that picture of the kids in front of the aquarium. Very, very cool.

LaRonda said...

Thanks for the pictures! I love the picture of you and Dave standing infront of the aquarium.

Melissa said...

Okay I'm just wondering, by the way, love the pics glad to see you soo happy, did you guys set a date yet and I missed it?? Just inquiring if I missed something. Also wondering...can I come?? :) hehe.

Anonymous said...

Did you know the word "cannot" is also all one word? I was tutoring the kindergarteners last week and that was of their new words. Why isn't it "can not". . .truly baffling.