Thursday, December 13, 2007

I sense a trend...

... all the fans clamour for an update and then someone humbly acquiesces to their pleading and then the fans whine because the update didn't contain enough juicy details. All I have to say about that is, get used to disappointment people! (I mean that in a really friendly, unsnotty way) So, real quick here, to update you on my life - 2 things stand out in my mind that for some very strange reason, I'm going to tell you. The first is that (and I have no idea why I'm admitting this to cyberspace) I think for the first time since I have no idea when, last weekend I was in my pajamas for 48 hours. I didn't leave the house from Friday night till Monday morning. I did a bunch of running around on Friday so I wouldn't have to on Saturday. Then church was canceled Sunday morning due to ice all over. Oh, they weren't the same PJ's by the way. And also, lest this paint a picture of one lounging about doing nothing, that was not at all the case. I was busy the whole time, just didn't leave the house. I sorta feel like I've been on a dead run since before Thanksgiving and I'm so ready to relax a bit. Every day and evening has been packed full and then I sleep a little bit and get up and do it again. Ah well, I'm sure everyone is running around in a million directions right now. I'm so excited to be heading up to Red Lake in a week! Oh yeah, the other thing I wanted to mention is that I can make fudge and my sister can't. tee hee. Okay, in all honesty, if she used the recipe I do, she would have no problem - it's worked many times for me. But you know, she's just so good at everything so I felt like pointing that out. That was one of the things I did over the weekend and then I took some into work this week and the ladies went on and on and on and on about how amazing it was. It was actually Sondra's recipe, so hail to the great fudge goddess. Oh, I am so very tired. Last night we had the annual Christmas party for all the families we serve (at work). Today and tomorrow were/are also work parties. And Tomorrow night some of us are going to Ft. Wayne to help a friend celebrate the end of her scholastic achievements - she's graduating college. Oh, today for the work shindig, we went out for lunch and I ate a monte cristo. Okay, I've never had one in my life. Probably everyone else in North America knows this already - but what an odd experience that was! I mean it tasted good, but it was like an elephant ear with meat. And I guess for those of you not from the Midwest, you probably have no idea what an elephant ear is - fair food - fried dough with sugar -very good. Anyway, I've just never had a deep fried, powdered sugared sandwich before. Have all of you? Okay, I'm now going to end this boring, rambly post. Don't expect to hear anything for a long time - I'm going to be freezing myself into into a solid block of ice. Merry Christmas!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

just saying that i was here and feel that it was worth my while. but can you post the fudge recipe? thanks.

Jenni said...

hi. i was here too. i'm getting really excited aboout you coming home. (and bringing that guy along too!)

Sabrina said...

hey, RL has computers too. We're going to watching for updates! Is that fudge recipe in the RL cookbook?

Anonymous said...

We Wish You a Merry Christmas, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

I guess I'll have to wait until your next visit to meet Dave (great name by the way!)

Have a wonderful time with your family and friends!

Anonymous said...

I am so bloomin' jealous, it ain't even funny! And like Sabrina said, RL has computers!! And by the way, I got the swellest package in the mail last week. : ) Let me tell ya, folks, Rachie is one pretty cool girl. I can't wait to open all the little things! Of course, I'll confess that I've squeezed and "diagnosed" half of them already. : ) Hope you have a great time up north! Kiss the ground for me, will ya?

Robyn said...

Hey, stop in if you get a chance. Have an awesome Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Rachie. Time to make use of the internet technology that is available in RL!!!

Anonymous said...

do you have to make us beg? i don't like begging, but i'm not above it.

lisa said...

ok...i updated!!! now it's your turn!!!