Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Quick lunch break update...

I know only Jesus can make me perfectly happy, but something else in my life has been coming pretty close lately - Kraft Dinner! I don't know why I like that stuff so much, but I do and it makes me feel like I'm still 10. Anyway, I had some for supper last night and it was so stupendous in all it's slippery goodness. So I have to blast through this really fast so without further ado - some people have been asking about the bee and the drugs and reactions and all that - I'm feeling much better - thanks for your concern. I stopped the steroids and had no more issues after that but it still took awhile to feel normal again - probably around Saturday I started feeling a bit like myself again. So now I just need other excuses to be jumpy, nervous, hyper, and irritable. Did anyone do anything exciting for the long weekend? I personally had a wonderful long weekend and getting back to work has been quite a drag. I guess I spent most of it socializing with friends and it was a blast. Saturday I went out on the boat with some friends and that was great. Went swimming, played cards, relaxed (it was perfect except for the 6 or so occasions when a bee would fly into the boat and buzz around in a threatening manner), and then went back to their place and ate some really good Thai food and played Clue, which I haven't played fro probably 20 years and I felt like an idiot. I mean, I knew it was Mrs. Scarlet with the rope, but I hadn't exactly narrowed down the room by the time someone knew the answer. Sunday I spent more time with a swell friend and we went to watch "Hairspray" in the evening which was amusing, but John Travolta playing a woman is just revolting no matter how you slice it. Monday was a nice lazy day with the exception of an attempted bike ride in incredibly hot weather. I didn't realize how hot it was till I got outside. My friend and I were going to bike to this trail but the trail was probably about 6 miles away and about 4 miles into the trip, I was ready to pass out. So we sat outside a gas station drinking a lot of blue Gatorade and then biked home - ended up being 8.25 miles instead of, um, more than that. And then we ended the weekend with pizza and a movie and I really don't watch movies that much, I just wanted to clarify that... So that was my fabulous weekend. Gotta run.

8 comments:

mathfridge said...

And according to Weird Al Canadains:

Eat their weight in kraft macaroni
and dream of driving a Zamboni
all over Saskatchewan.

lisa said...

sounds like you had a swell weekend! we had one of Steven's new friends stay with us the entire weekend while this kids parents took their oldest to college and we also had 20 people over for sunday lunch in our new home!! now that was fun!!! :-) Life is Good, God is great!!!

Jenni said...

i must not be a good canadian. maybe it's because i've never gotten my citizenship... anyway, thanks for the news. sadly, it was all stale. :-) i guess that means we've been talking lots, which is good.

nighty, night! watch my blog for news about my day tomorrow...

Rhonda said...

yes, good ol' kd. gotta love it. i'd go for some about now. although i've been making homemade mac and cheese that is pretty swell. now sierra's off of dairy, i kinda miss it. :(

glad to hear that you had all that fun, and even happier that you didn't get another bee sting or experience heat stroke. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for news! Glad you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

news, schmooze. I preferred the phone conversation:)

Jenni said...

rhonda, i think i need your recipe for homemand mac and cheese. sounds good right now!!

rachelslab said...

Jenni - you didn't even comment on my last post that was entirely due to you whining? I can't believe it!! Frankly, I'm a bit hurt. snif.