Friday, July 27, 2007

The moment you've been waiting for...

Okay, not really, but I couldn't think of a creative way to say - here I am, finally. So, where to begin. First of all - to those of you who were so thougthfully concerned about my frozen watermelon trick - I finally tried it last night and well, yes, it was gross. Actually, the main reason I froze it was because a) a friend of mine has a good receipe for smoothies that calls for watermelon, b) I didn't know what do to with an entire bad watermelon, and c) there was no room in the fridge. So there you have it.

Last night I went for a 12.53 mile bike ride - saw some great scenery - cows, dogs chasing us, lamas, and sheep. And of course corn. Nothing like biking in the country. That was after working 10 hours - it was a very long day.

I'm loosing my mind. Last night after the aforementioned work, I came home and if you sneezed in my general direction, I would have burst into gales of uncontrollable laughter. I guess it is sort of nice when stress affects you that way instead of making you miserably cranky or weepy. So Bethany and I were sitting at the table and there were these little flea like flies flying around and she says - "We don't even have fruit laying around. Do you have a dying banana on top of the fridge?" And I said, "I don't think so." And so she checked and sure enough, there was a nasty, gross, rotting banana up there that she pitched in the trash. Not that funny is it? I laughed and laughed and laughed. Things are not well.

For awhile I had been looking for a jacket - had in mind exactly what I wanted. Which I finally found back when my friend and I went to KY. So I have yet to wear the thing one time because it's 800 degrees here in the summer. Anyway, it's gone for good. I believe I left it at the motel we stayed at when our pluming was getting fixed. ARG! They checked and don't have it there. Funny how that works since it was brand new and all. So I might try to buy another one tomorrow. Are you crazy bored yet?

Further proof that my mind is going - today I got lost in a trailer park. Not only that, but one that I had successfully navigated 2 other times! You know why I got lost? Because I was in a stinkin hurry! I had to get to the chiropractor right after this visit and was already running behind. First I had trouble finding the place. But the real challenge was when I was trying to get OUT! It's like a TRAP! It sucks you in and you drive around in circles with each road looking exactly the same! So I left the trailer and a few trailers down there was a little lady outside water flowers. I passed that same lady watering the same flowers THREE TIMES!! I was SO crazy frustrated and felt so helpless. Ach - those of you with normal brains have no idea what this feels like. I thought I might grow old wandering around that trailer park forever. But eventually, and completely by chance, I got on the road that got me out of there. Okay, now you have heard from me, such as it was. Have a great weekend everybody! I'm so glad it's Friday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, You make me laugh! You really need to write a book:)

Anonymous said...

In case it makes you feel better, I found the banana story quite hilarious myself. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah thanks, it does.

Jenni said...

yeah, well, i'm just grateful that you didn't grow old wandering around that trailer park! i'd kinda miss you! sorry about the jacket. that stinks!! if you get another one, post a picture, so if you lose it, at least we got to see it. :-)

Robyn said...

You never cease to amaze me. Thanks for all the comments on my blog. :-)