Sunday, January 21, 2007

Is it still brown??

Thanks so much to everyone who commented and told me that my background color was brown. I just don't get it. I even changed it to more red and it looks very red on my computer but I saw it on another computer screen and it looked pretty brown. So since that was a flop, I thought maybe you'd enjoy a new look. (pause now for excessive vomiting) Well, let's see - by Karla's request, I tried really hard to remember some insight gained from John Tesh this morning (speaking of Karla - I'm so impressed I made it in your blog and I'm saying that here, since I can't comment on yours... = P). I remember that there are 3 elements to a successful marriage -1) respect, 2) oh shoot, I really can't remember the second, 3) realism (realistic expectations). Oh YES, I just remembered - 2) integrity. He also listed the 4 different types of relationships, but I think it would sort of bore you. But on second thought, as an exercise in my lacking short term memory skills, I'll try to list them: 1) traditional, 2) companionate, 3)romantic, 4) old and mostly dead (rats! can't remember #4, actually it's # 3 I can't remember). Okay, the other thing - there's no such thing as being double jointed, only slightly more flexible than average. And also, cell phone etiquette - the one that stands out to me is that it's very very very rude to talk on your cell phone while paying at a store or restaurant. oops, done that before. Okay, this concludes John Tesh's intelligence for your life - all you need to be a better spouse, parent, employee, pet owner, cell phone user.... (it actually says something like that!)

In other news - I don't have a lot. Oh, Karla also mentioned American Idol - does anyone else out there watch? Well, I didn't watch all 4 hours that were on this past week, but I saw some of it and there were some quite hilarious moments, but at one point Simon ridiculed someone because he looked like a monkey. I thought that was quite uncalled for and he needs to stick to insulting their musical performances.

This morning in church I was by myself and looking for a place to sit when this really friendly lady came up to me and started asking who I was. She asked if I went to Grace and I said I just graduated. She told me her name and I sat with her and then she said she teaches music at Grace. Then it clicked - I right away knew her last name and who she was. She would be the practically famous director of the music department at Grace. Everyone knows her! I felt so dumb since I had just told her I graduated from there. It also doesn't bode well sitting by the director of the music department during singing. I tried to sort of turn in the other direction. Anyway, that was my Sunday morning adventure.

Yesterday I spent HOURS and HOURS going through filing and papers that have been accumulating for years. I just wasn't prepared for how long it would take. Of course it might have gone faster if I would have been more focused and bull dozed through instead of watching movies the whole time. I now have a much more user friendly system and got rid of a bunch of junk. And for anyone out there who is interested in how American government works - I would recommend the very old "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." It was pretty good. Okay, I think that concludes all I have to say today.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

yup, that's very ugly!! Thanks for the newsy and uplifting post! I think I'll go do my filing now. Or not.

Anonymous said...

Well, the "new & improved" color is a sure fire way to scare people off! Maybe it's just "older" people like me but that is absolutely painful to look at....please find another color!
PS: I believe you owe me an email!!

Anonymous said...

umm...I agree these colours a pityful! Thanks for the update. I'll start a regular blog myself soon.

Sabrina said...

double mint green!! I liked the chocolate better! (sorry, right now everything looks like food to me.) Thanks for the JT insights. Very interesting indeed!

rachelslab said...

Debbie -- Okay, I'm thinking the last e-mail you sent must have been intercepted by a nasty cyber villain, because according to my records, well, I was the last one sendin... = P

Everyone - I'm afraid this blog colour thing might become a control issue for me - it's kinda fun to think that I can do whaever I want from this end and no one can do anything about it, no matter how much they don't like it. Now how often does THAT happen in real life? Of course if you find it really repulsive you might stop reading and that would make me sad, so I suppose I should be a bit accomodating.

Jenni said...

yeah, I might organize a boycott.

Anonymous said...

sign me up for the boycott

just kidding. I'm addicted. and blind.

Robyn said...

I can only hope and dream of ever getting as many comments as you. tee hee
Just stopping by to say hello.

rachelslab said...

What Robyn?? You just got 10! I only made it to 8! I disagree. You're the bubbly little robbie, afterall!