Monday, January 15, 2007

Do ya ever get the feeling...

So, I guess I'm just having one of those weeks, or months, hopefully not years. Do you ever feel exceptionally ill at ease, in the way, clutzy, etc? Or do you ever feel like everything you touch breaks, burns, shatters, explodes, implodes, etc.? I think it started last week, no it started about 20 years ago, but this most recent bout started last week. First of all, I was in some minor discomfort so I decided to heat up a rice bag (or corn, I believe, as the case may be). On the second round of heating, I popped er in the microwave for a little touch up (for 3 minutes - I was using someone else's - mine I can cook for 5 min, easily), then went downstairs to do some laundry. As I was walking up the stairs, I was greeted by a smell so horrendous, I literally ran the rest of the way up the stairs because I was sure something was on fire. Well, nothing was in flames, but I had cooked the ever lovin patooties out of the corn bag. It had left brown liquid in the microwave and the smell was so awful and lingered for quite some time. The microwave still smells to this day actually (I know, I know, it stinks, I smell... [Sheldon]). Then a couple nights ago I was vacuuming and there was a lit candle on the coffee table (on a rather tall candle holder). As I was ferociously vacuuming, I knocked the lit candle sailing through the air and hot wax got everywhere - on the coffee table, floor, and couch cover. It's a big mess that's not completely taken care of yet. Great. THEN, (oh yes, there's more) today I was at a gas station getting some drinks for myself and a co-worker and when I was paying, I had my purse on the counter (naturally), and dropped something. So as I bent down to pick it up, my purse fell off the counter and on the way down, it hit my head, which was on the way up. I'm sure the people behind the counter thought WHAT in the WORLD?? But on a cheery note - I didn't have to pay for my purchases because they were rung in wrong and the nice lady said just to take them and go (quickly please before you break something you psycho!). So that's my little story. And it's about all of interest that's happening in my life. I'm hoping for a reprieve from all the clutziness soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl!!!

Somewhere down the line I believe there is a huge bundle of good luck waiting for you!

A hint on the candle wax - been there, done that - using a blow dryer to heat up the wax makes it easy to just wipe away.

Jenni said...

hoo boy, what a blast!! I wish I could've seen the one in the gas station. :-)

Anonymous said...

I really like the green background you're using :-)

Anonymous said...

once again I'm telling you ...you should write a book!!! you could
be a millionaire!!! That's why God has all these things happen to you, because you have a great sense of humor and He wants you to be stinkin' (or is that smellin') rich someday after you write this book someday! And just think about all the people you could help thru this book!!! they do say laughter is the best form of medicine ya know!! :-) Not that anyone would laugh at your mishaps of course!

ok...reunion info. for all you Slaubaughs! June 23rd at noon til June 25th at noon. That would be a Saturday thru a Monday.

Lisa