Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back again

So, thought I'd say HI and Happy New Year. I feel like 2006 flew and took forever at the same time. When I think back to January - that's seems like forever ago. I think from the summer on sort of flew for me. This is probably one of my most eventful years so far and I'm sure 2007 will seem boring compared to this one. I was thinking yesterday as I was flying home that counting both Christmases/New Years, I've flown 5 times this year - pretty sure that's a record for me. I'd like to count how many airports I've been in, but haven't got around to that yet. I also graduated from college, flew around the world to see my brother and family, traveled out west with another brother and family, worked a couple different jobs in the social work field... yeah, a lot has happened. Now things will settle into a routine for awhile I think. Just came back from the weekend get together in MN with family and it was nice to be able to make it to that. Yesterday was the eternal day of flying. Sadly, I could be in Swaziland right now I believe. As I flew out of Indianapolis and on to Cincinnati - how disheartening to be flying further yet from home, only to turn around and come back. Oh well, it really wasn't that bad. I got to see more airports. I wasn't impressed with the Indy airport- very poorly marked. They had some neat restaurants there and I really like Mexican food so I decided to try "La Salsas." Oh my - It seemed like such a good idea but it was stinkin HOT! And no warning! So I sat there sweating and crying and snotting all over the place trying to get it down (alright, it wasn't quite that bad, but close) and couldn't finish it. So there was a neighboring McDonalds and I thought maybe I could get some ice cream to thaw out my innards. So as I was standing in line, this is what I came across and found rather odd. Maybe it's just me, but seriously?? Apparently McDonalds has been having trouble with greedy customers demanding TOO MUCH sauce with their nuggets. Oh the trials and tribulations of life. So there was a sign posted with the following information (as close as I can remember):
Our New Sweet and Sour Policy -
Allotments:
6 Nuggets - 1 sauce
10 Nuggets - 2 sauces
20 Nuggets - 3 sauces
You will be allowed one bonus sauce. For any sauce requested AFTER your one bonus, there will be a 15 (FIFTEEN!) cent charge. If you order NO nuggets, there will be a 15 (FIFTEEN!) cent charge on ALL sauces! (that's right, you don't even get your one bonus. A few thoughts - 1) Oh my! 2) Seriously? 3) Paleeeeeze!! 4) I would have loved to hear the committee putting this together! 5) I don't get the whole bonus thing! Why didn't they just allow 2,3,and 4 to begin with and then say there's a 15 (FIFTEEN!) cent charge after that? and 6) how much money do you think this policy will bring McDonalds in a year? I'm just wondering... After my Indy airport experience, I eventually ended up at my destination. You know those numbers they place every so often in big parking lots? Well, I can now imagine that those can come in rather handy. I walked around for I don't know how long looking for my car in the dark while carrying my wheel-less luggage. And then made it home okay. So that's what's happening here. Happy 2007!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bonus sweet and sour sauce, eh? now i've heard it all.

happy new year!

Robyn said...

Oh the adventures of Rachel. Now I know McDonalds is cracked up.

Jenni said...

that's funny!! in moscow they charge you for ketchup! not even one bonus packet! :-)