Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Notes on my "cultured" weekend...



Oh yes, we are high society around here. Some are clamoring to hear about my exciting weekend of plays and tea parties, so here ya go. Friday night, somehow we got playing Twister. Lucky for me, I was always the first one out so I got to take pictures of the others. (do you think I would post pictures like this of myself??) Saturday night myself and a couple friends went to see "The Sound of Music" at the local theater (where you are never more than 10 rows from the stage... in case you care). It was pretty good, but I think the productions the college puts on are just as good (and cheaper). A couple times I remember thinking, wow, there's a lot of guys here - Matthew would HATE this... odd. Oh, and who can name this movie - (other than Jenni) "A MUSICAL??? Are you aware that the performers will periodically dance about and burst into song?" Okay, that was Saturday - then Sunday, a friend of mine was going to Notre Dame to hear Handel's Messiah. So I went along and that was also pretty good. It wasn't really professional quality (again I thought, Matthew would really HATE this!) but the choir was really good. At one (actually 2 I guess) point I slipped into a slumber and my program slid off my lap and hit the floor and I had no idea a piece of paper could make that much noise. It sort of reverberated. I was a bit embarrassed but the shock of that kept me awake for awhile. So that was my exciting weekend. My friend and I, after watching "The Sound of Music" play, sort of felt like watching the movie again, so that's what we did in the evening. I hadn't watched the movie in ages (I think Matthew hates it) and that was fun too. Then I drove home without getting lost and today I drove both to AND from an all day training 50 minutes away and didn't get lost and that always excites me. Okay, I think I'm done. Merry early Christmas!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really missing Matthew right now? Just wondering. He really should leave you a comment after all those thoughts you had about him.

Jenni said...

AArrgggghhhh! I know I should know that movie, but my frail brain is letting me down again! What is it?? Are Matthew and I related? Apparently everything he hates, I love. :-)

Rhonda said...

wow, that is a culture filled weekend. I'm can't wait to ask Matthew if he really does hate all those things.

i wonder if it really should make me so excited to find updates from you and Jenni both at the same time. is there a bloggers anon? :)

Jenni said...

Aaawwww, geeeee, Rhonda, you give me warm fuzzies!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am also being kind of "cultured" (sounds like I'm in a canning jar) this week. I went to an Andrew Peterson concert last night where we (Twila Snider and I) somehow kind of made some new male friends. : ) Why can't they ever be Mennonite?! But we'll never see them again. Boy, this sounds BAD! It was really quite funny.
And on Friday night, we're going to the Nutcracker ballet in Columbus.
So are you going home for Christmas after all?

rachelslab said...

Still no guesses on the movie?? Here's you one last chance before I give it away....

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a great weekend! a move were people dance around and break out in song?? My Fair Lady?, Annie, ??

Sabrina said...

that would be movie..

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee...I haven't played twister in eons! Probably a good thing...

I just watched the Sound of Music this past weekend too! (movie, not live) Question - Why is it that it's always performed around Christmas time? I don't recall there being anything Christmassy about it. Am I missing something?

~ Joy

rachelslab said...

SABRINA! You of all people should have guessed the movie quote - it's from, um, well, I don't know how to say this... Sabrina.

Joy - I wonder that myself. dunno.

Jenni said...

Oh yeah, now I remember! the stuffy secretary says that to Linus when he wants her to get tickets for him. She's funny!

Sabrina said...

oh yeah, now I remember -not! We actually own the movie. Not because we like it, but because we decided to rent it one time and ended up picking up one of the used tapes that was for sale. :(

Robyn said...

Oh my how I miss the blogging. I have to get back in the loop. So very good to hear from you all and read everyone's comments. Way to go on falling asleep at the theatre! That's my Rachel. I'm proud of you for not getting TOO cultured. I'd have to come and slap you around if you did. :-)

Jenni said...

Wow, 13 comments in 4 days! What's that do for your self-esteem?? :-)

rachelslab said...

My cup runneth over.

Sabrina said...

I know Rachel is around because she keeps popping up on other peoples blogs... time for an update! :)

Jenni said...

Hey, I'll update if you will!!

rachelslab said...

I thought I'd wait to see if Matthew ever popped up, but soon I'll admit defeat and just update. But I really don't have much to say right now either... But I'll work on it.

Rhonda said...

Hey, I did update, so feel free...

but no pressure, of course. Never. :)

Jenni said...

I just have to say that this is now your 20th comment. Is that a personal best for you?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Make that 21nth.

Wendy Yutzy said...

I was started to get jealous all those comments, good grief!! Have a merry Christmas! Is it a rumor or are you heading our way for the Holiday inn weekend?
Hope to see you there!

rachelslab said...

Yeah Wendy - I'm coming. Can't wait to see everyone!

Jenni - yeah, I think this is my personal best. I thought I got 24 one time, but it must have just been a really good dream.