Thursday, September 14, 2006

I think I'm loosing my mind!

Some thoughts from my perspective - I was struck today as I was racing around at work, that now, instead of just messing up people's money, I can mess up the actual people! huh.

I read this in a Reader's Digest a long time ago and thought it was really funny - not saying it's my exact thought at the moment... "Oh, you don't like your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called Everybody and they meet at the bar."

I was asked by a young person recently - what would you do if someone killed your family, but then you saw them chocking - would you help them or let them die? hummm.....

Derek and Elise, if you still read this, congratulations! He is SO little and cute. Can't wait to see him!

So, onto why I'm loosing my mind... oh my, it's been a rough few days. Where to start... okay, awhile back I got in the mail my little car registration renewal thing. At that point, I was thinking that I was moving north, so I didn't do anything with it. Sometime in the last couple days I had the fleeting thought... hummm... I wonder if I ever sent that in. But it was gone shortly thereafter. Then luckily yesterday I was searching for a credit card bill (another story) and came across the notice. Oh yes, there it was and I'm illegal on the streets as of tomorrow! After freaking out awhile, I was told that I can go into any BMV in the state for stuff like that, but I still wasn't sure if they could do it for me right there. So today I left in the middle of the work day to drive to the BMV (got lost of course) and they could take care of it. whew! BUT, when the lady asked for my license, I whipped out my wallet with nary a thought as to it's whereabouts, and was shocked to discover it wasn't there. Then I figured I had used it during orientation for work, and it was probably at home with all that stuff. Came home, it's not. Have no clue under the sum where it is. Okay, so that's my car/license story. Then there's the credit card. Again yesterday I had the thought that my payment might be due. I thought it was due the 15th so if I posted it online the 13th, that'd be just fine. Due to inferior online services, in this country, you have to post stuff way ahead for the payment to go through on time. In my mind, sort of defeats the point of the convenience of online transactions. So anyway, I discovered the payment was due the 13th, not the 15th (at the same time I found the car thing) so I posted it and am holding my breath waiting for a late charge to appear. So anyway, all that to say, I'm not doing so great at holding it together these days!I hope that wasn't hideously boring to read. Just what's going on in this neck of the woods. I'm supposed to bike 55 miles in a little over a week. Should be interesting. I have done little biking lately due to the following factors: excessive fatigue, not feeling well (I am feeling better, thank you), constant rain, and grooming my new pet buffalo. Hopefully I don't keel over. But it's only 55 miles, how bad can it be?

Okay, well, I'm going to cease and de cyst boring you now and wish you a merry evening and weekend coming up!

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I hope you find your license! Here's a hint, if your credit card company tries to give you a late fee write them a nice letter telling them to look over your past history to see that you aren't usually late and that you should not have to pay for late fees. Working in collections taught me some very useful things. (You'd be amazed at the excuses people give!)

Hope the bike ride goes well!

Your buffalo should meet my rhino

Jenni said...

Just reading about your life gives me an ulcer. I'm not doing so well keeping myself together right now either! AAAAHHHHH!!!!! So, could you renew your registration without your license? Or are you driving illegally?? Just curious! I'll be praying for you!!

rachelslab said...

Yeah, they let me renew. And I do have an Ontario license, but that's sorta iffy with my IN reg. and insurance. I still can't find it!

Rhonda said...

i'm speechless. hope to hear some good news about that license soon!

'your buffalo should meet my rhino' oh, that's funny. good one, sabrina.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you dearest of dear Rachels, I hope certain aspects of your life improve considerably SOON. Wanna come see me this weekend? I'm not doing anything. Oh yeah, now you're gonna say, why don't I come THERE?? Well, frankly, I too am tired. But it's a nice thought. Hope you can relax a little.