Sunday, September 10, 2006

How nasty is this?


So, my dresser had taken to looking like a veritable pharmacy and I'd had enough. There is stuff in this mess that I've had for YEARS - amoungst the treasures - lotion that I bought in 2001 - I only know that because I bought in when my friend Sue was visiting me in Red Lake and that was the year. Also some little things of hand therapy stuff that I got from Robyn for probably my 15th birthday. (I did use some of it, Robyn!) And in addition to all my stuff, my roommate goes through her stuff and gives me what she doesn't want and I add it to the pile. So, although it goes against my grain, I threw stuff away. I really did. I felt a bit more justified in throwing stuff away that's decades old, but some of it I just didn't like and won't use, so I pitched it. And now, I give you exhibit B:






The white plastic is more functional than decorative, but it works - everything arranged according to its genre. I won't begin to tell you the amount of dust and other matter that was removed from the dresser as a result of this little endeavor. Notice that it is shiny now though.

In other news, I don't have too much. I haven't been feeling the best this weekend and I don't want tomorrow to be Monday yet! I have a bunch of training coming up this week which I'm sort of looking forward to - while it's boring, it's not stressful. Hope you all are having a swell weekend!

12 comments:

Rhonda said...

impressive. you could start a museum of the 90s with all that and those t-shirts you mentioned awhile back. :)

Rhonda said...

maybe you could add some carmen cassettes, too, just for the finishing touch.

Sabrina said...

didn't you get that favorite t-shirt at your 15th birthday party? That and the lotion from Robyn, must have been a real wild party! :)

You're dresser looks great! I too have decided it's better to pitch stuff than dust around it for years on end. Plus, I love the look of a clean, organized dresser.

Jenni said...

Way to go, Rachie! I didn't know you even knew the phrase "I threw away..." :-) Wanna come clean out my basement??

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel great to throw stuff away?! I tend to keep things forever too, but then it's so much fun to get rid of it all. Quite liberating! :)

~ Joy

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. This is greatly unlike me - even though I may not like a certain product, if I spent money for it or if someone gave it to me, I just have to use it anyway. : (

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel seeing if I can comment without being a blogger. wow your dresser looks a million times better
Twila

rachelslab said...

HI Twila! Did you know I'm going to be in your neighbourhood in 2 weeks? Are you going to be around?

Anonymous said...

Being the queen of "throw it out", I am very impressed to see you take a small but significant step in that direction!

Mind you, my husband would be the first to tell you I get carried away sometimes, so don't step too far in that direction!!!

rachelslab said...

No worries Debbie - I still have every card and I've ever received or very close to it.

Thanks for all the pictures of that baby!

rachelslab said...

that's supposed to say "and letter" - in case you cared.

Robyn said...

i can't believe you threw that lotion away. You know, when we were 15, $8 was a lot of money. Man, are you ungrateful.
P.S. I have no idea what lotion you're talking about, so way to go on getting rid of something from our past! :-)