Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Crafty

So this little project has been in the works for months and is FINALLY done. It all took longer than I expected, as is usually the case. Right before Heather left, in a flurry of last minute activity, we got them hung up on the wall. These are enlargements I did of Aleah's 2 year pics. I got shelving board cut, put scrapbook paper on top, modpodge, painted the sides, sanded the edges, prettied them up a bit - that's about it. Heather helped lots with ideas too. 




 The pics didn't turn out that great - this one has a flower button at the bottom with flower ribbon.

 hanging on the wall
 What would possess a person to buy a 99 cent lamp shade at a thrift store and then try to make it all pretty using scrapbook paper, ribbon, buttons, etc? Again, this took WAY longer than it should have! And when you actually turn it on, you can see the ugly lampshade through the paper. ha. I tried. And it does look rather cute when it's off.
Aleah's room looking a little more room-like, now that we've been here almost a year.

6 comments:

Soo said...

I'm likin it!!! :)

Kendra said...

WOW. I stand in awe. Perfect or not.

Jenni said...

That is some serious cuteness! I love them! You should make one for hannah. hahahahaha.

rachelslab said...

Jenni - A lamp or a picture? If you feed my baby while you're here, I'll make her 100 lamps!

Robyn said...

It was nice catching up with you on here! So have some stinkin' cute kids!

Rhonda said...

ahem...

:)