Sunday, August 14, 2011

Words

So wow, I guess I should say something but I have no clue what. Each day has felt like at least a week lately. We had a wonderful graduation weekend with Dave's family (see pictures below). Wait, I should back up. Dave and I muddled along for days trying to get packed up. Seemed like it was taking FOREVER! We stayed up till about 3 Friday night, and then the next day, a group of church people came over to help us load everything up. In 3 hours they had everything done! We had 3 crates that they packed up. Also some women packed up the kitchen and I didn't even touch a thing in there. That was so nice. The following Tuesday morning the company came and picked up the crates. In our minds, we thought since we'd have everything packed up, the rest of the week would be fun and relaxing. HA! When they took everything away, we still had a pile of all the last minute stuff to deal with. And cleaning/organizing/sorting, etc. etc. Anyway, we were never wondering what to do with our time during that week. Thursday evening Dave's family arrived and it was great having them there. Friday morning was the ceremony. yahoo!! so glad to be there and SO glad when it was over. = ) They stayed till Sunday and that was also when we were doing the final packing up/cleaning of our place. I'm pretty sure it was the most unsabbathy sabbath I've ever had. Dave's grandparents helped us till the very end since their flight didn't leave till the next day. It was so nice having them there! We FINALLY pulled out at 8:30, dropped off the vacuum cleaner we had borrowed, grabbed a bite to eat with Dave's grandparents, and left Baton Rouge at 9:30, that would be pm. Aleah did amazingly well on the trip here. We pulled in to the new place at 1:00 on Monday. My dad was here to help us unload. There are many things I could say, but I'll just say the place was not exactly what I was expecting in the cleanliness or upkeep departments. I was rather disappointed when I got here. Later in the week we looked into other options of places to live, but ended up staying here. We were SO thankful to have my handy-man dad here who did a lot to make the place more livable. Just when we thought we couldn't stand the thought of staying here, we discovered someone had left some Nascar jello molds in a cupboard. Whew. That made everything feel so different. So here we are - drowning in a pile of boxes. I fear by the time we finally get all unpacked and settled, it'll be time to pack em all up again. sigh. Dave starts work tomorrow but classes don't start till next Monday. Dave's parents are going to be here next weekend which we're really looking forward to. We went to a church this morning that we both really enjoyed and the people were friendly. I think that's all from this neck of the woods. see ya.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Good to hear from you again. Your life sounds...crazy. Hope the adjustments to the new place go well and the time with family is a blessing.

Jenni said...

NASCAR jello!!! Woohoo!!!! the pictures below are great! I did notice a trend of Aleah not wearing much clothing. Is it your new thing, or were you too busy packing to get her dressed? :-D She's cute any which way of course. This way I can focus in on her true beauty and not be distracted by her beautiful clothes. (Blah blah blah....)

Love you and so glad you're getting settled...

rachelslab said...

Ah, I was going to comment something about her not wearing much in a lot of the pics. You would be the first to point that out and disapprove, Jenni. = P What can I say, it's Baton Rouge in August for Pete's sake. I wish I didn't have to wear clothes. haha. Notice most of the clothes she is wearing are Hannah hand me downs? = )

Jenni said...

I'm just giving you a hard time. I really don't care. It's just a bit of an adjustment from the fashion show that we usually get. :-P And the fact that she wears Hannah's clothes makes it all better. Haha.