Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bullets

- Enjoying visiting with Dave's parents. So nice having them here!
- Dave and I had a date tonight, thanks to wonderful grandparents who wanted to babysit
- getting used to this (odd!) place - a few oddities
1) BUGS - they are EVERYWHERE and they drive me bonkers. Yesterday I scrubbed the bathroom within an inch of it's life. This morning I counted 17 (mostly dead and mostly really little, thanks goodness) bugs on the bathroom counter. what in the world?? We're sort of in the woods here - I guess that's why.
2) well water. Oh. my. goodness. when we arrived, the tub was basically white. A week later the tub was orange. The bathwater was ORANGE. Not yellow, orange. It was so gross. After hours and hours of work, a new filter and more salt in the softener, things are looking up. After a load of white clothes that's also now orange. boo.
3) Odd shower faucet - it goes something like this - turn on water, it's boiling hot. move it slightly toward cold. still hot. move a fraction of an inch. again, and again, and again... still hot. move it another one katillionth of an inch - OH, freezing cold, back up a little, boiling hot, forward a little - freezing cold... you get the idea.
4) One more odd bathtub thing - At our apartment in Baton Rouge, we used to start the water running to fill the bathtub, dash quickly to grab a towel and washcloth, return to find the tub nearly overflowing and have to let out the water. That thing was a veritable waterfall. Now - start up the tub, fix supper, go out and buy your groceries for the week, and stop by to get your nails done. Come home and you should be good. Ok, enough about how odd this house is.
- We continue to be amazed at how close together everything is. I guess we got used to Baton Rouge where you had to drive 15 - 30 min. to get anywhere it seemed. Here it's 7 minutes to campus, maybe 3 - 5 min. to church depending where you go, we drive about 4 minutes from our house to get to everything - shopping, food, etc. We got used to all these different sections of town and tonight as we were driving around, I was amazed how everything is just right together - just town, no sections. It's sort of nice for a change of pace.
- Ok, I think that's all. Thanks for reading this ridiculously exciting post about our bugs and bathroom. I'm sure your life will never be the same.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Yes I, for one, am completely transformed! Love you - bugs and all.

Soo said...

I, like Jenni, am forever changed. Entertained, anyway. : )

Rita Nisly said...

Boring? maybe. But still, fun to read because it's YOU!

Rhonda said...

good to read...somehow my google reader is rather delayed in delivering posts to me these days. but here i am.