Friday, October 29, 2010

Five Months

I need to write this quick before she's 6 months. Always on the ball. At 5 months, she:

- weighs a little over 18 pounds. Carrying her in her car seat is becoming exceedingly unpleasant for me. She's 25.25 inches.

-- celebrated the morn of turning 5 months old by waking up before 5:00. I didn't know what to do with myself. She has not done this since she was newborn and needed to eat. I used to wake her up to eat at 7 and she'd keep sleeping till 10 or so. Those were the days. But after she grew out of that, she consistently would wake up between 7 and 8, occasionally later or a little earlier. Well, the next morning she woke up at 4:40. NOOOOOOO!!! She's not hungry and doesn't cry. Just coos or lays there. But it wakes me up and I can't sleep. And then because I'm a control freak or something, I have to know when she goes back to sleep, which isn't conducive to me sleeping. Anyway, since then she's woken up at 6:30 a lot. Right after we got back from our trip, there were a bunch of days when she slept till after 7, but now she's been waking up earlier again. I'm not a huge far of this new trend.

-- off her reflux meds! yeay!

-- still has very little use for rolling, but rolled back to front for the first time yesterday.

-- still hates being on her stomach.

-- still barfs a lot but it comes and goes.

-- Can sit up for short periods of time, but we can't leave her on her own yet.

-- is getting a lot more cuddly and that's really great. love it.

-- turns into a little savage when she eats. Only on one side - she wants very badly to claw at her face and eyeballs and ear and can leave really nasty marks. Sometimes she'll get really annoyed at me when I hold her hand back so she can't torture herself. hello.

-- is getting better at not crying when we sneeze. haha. But she still is not a fan of loud, sudden noises. At Bible study yesterday morning, she was sitting with me looking at everyone, when someone said something and everyone laughed. She waited a bit till the laughter died down of course, then burst into heartbroken sobs. Later an older kid was crying so she decided she had to as well.

-- I keep wondering if she's teething. She acts like it, but her gums don't look like it.

-- can pass toys from one hand to the other. whoo hoo, eh? I probably wouldn't even notice this but it's something we always had to check for at one of my jobs in Indiana.

-- It's fun to see her memory kicking in and see her anticipating what's coming next - like getting all excited when she sees the bathtub, or giggling before she's being tickled or what have you.

Okay, I've bored you long enough about her young life.



2 comments:

Jenni said...

She is still oh-so-cute! you might want to take a picture or two of her without a head-band some day. Just so we know what her whole head looks like... Just saying. :-D

rachelslab said...

I'll try my best to accommodate, however, check out her big bald head in the ocean pics. = ) Dave says the nice thing about them is that people don't assume she's a he.