Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our trip in pictures...

So, this pic is totally random and unrelated to our trip. When Dave's mom was here the week before Aleah was born, we went downtown and she took some preggy, coupley pics of us. This one was on her camera and I really like it. = ) Now, some preliminary words before we get into pictures in earnest - firstly, I'm uploading my blog from the comfort of my couch. I've never done that before. Second, I just edited and resized pics using iphoto for the first time and it was sweet bliss to my soul - oh so fun and easy!!! About the pictures, I can't remember what I wrote in the previous post, but we went to Iowa first, took a weekend trip up to Blue Lake to go camping with my family, and then ended up back in Iowa. The second week in Iowa, Dave's grandparents were there. Most of our pictures amount to our family members holding Aleah. If that bores you, I apologize and you better not look any further. I spose I got some pictures of my small relatives on the camping trip. Anyway, I was trying to separate pics chronologically and was going to post Iowa, camping, Iowa again, but that got confusing, so all the camping pics are first, followed by all the Iowa pics. Again, I'm sorry if this does not suit your fancy. So without further ado - here's a whole wackapics for your perusal --
Hi, I'm Aleah. I'm on an airplane. I HATE them. That's all. Good bye.
My niece Alicia with Aleah.

The kidsies, lining up to take turns running and jumping on a board in the water. It's the simple things, so they say.
Ahhhhhh, camping in the lap of luxury. My brother Sheldon borrowed a bus/motor home for us to use and it was SO nice! Aleah slept like a crazy woman all weekend.
My sister dear and yeah, you know who.
Dad, my niece Hannah, and um... yeah.
Gavin, the little cutie
My handsome nephew Mervin - wait, I'm not old enough to have a handsome nephew! Aren't they all still supposed to just be cute?? ah well...
Yes, here's a cute one, that's better - Logan.
My niece Alabama
My nephew Caleb hanging with Aleah.
Nephew Trevor
Little cuties! Trevor, Josiah, and Scotty
Awwww, look at them! = ) Jeff and Wendy
Mervin, Dave, and Caleb playing cards. 3 math ner... brains!
more games. (no, really?)
Oh, Northwestern Ontario in the summer, how I've missed thee!!

My brudder Derek and my babsie
Whoa, family change alert! We know bring you footage of Dave's family, already in progress... Here's Aleah and her Grandpa Howard.
Lots of random, fun, family shots. It's so much easier to take family pictures with Dave's family than mine, for some funny reason. Here's the3 guys, 2 wives, and 1 baby. As if you couldn't tell that just by looking. Sorry, I'm having trouble coming up with original descriptions.
Dave's mom and sister in law Kari and I think you can figure out the rest.
Come up with a caption contest??
Lots of 4 generation fun - Aleah, her Dad, her Grandpa Howard, and her Great Grandpa Chappie
And one with Great Grandma Marybelle
And throw in the spouses just for fun
An interesting 4 generation picture of 3 women unrelated genetically who married into the family and one baby who is genetically related to all of them. Okay, maybe it isn't interesting, but sorta cool, no?
Aleah and Great Grandma - love this pic. There's something I just love about pictures of babies with the "older and wiser." I would explain it but I can't because I'm too tired and my head hurts.
Aleah and Great Grandpa - really like this one too - their expressions are priceless.
Grandma Judy
Aunt Kari
A little happy about something?
Just because
Uncle Jon
Uncle Alex

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

every photo was worth posting, but my favourite out of all is the one of you and sleeping baby all snuggled up. love it. thanks SO much for taking time to do this! :)

Soo said...

Ok, ya know those age progressions they do for milk cartons when there's a missing child? Well, that's what the 4 generation shot reminds me of! Will Dave not look EXACTLY like his dad in 25 years? And EXACTLY like his grandpop in 40? Just asking, because the answer is way clear to me!

LaRonda said...

Adorable pictures, at least the ones of Aleah. I have to agree with Rhonda my alsolute favorite picture is you holding Aleah when she is sleeping. Priceless!!!