Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh the things I should be doing...

... if I were a responsible person that is. But hey, we have left overs to eat for supper so everything else can wait, right? I never cease to be amazed at how stinkin long it takes to get anything done! Esp. if anything involves leaving the house! With small child. I had a stop to make today and a couple more that I sort of wanted to do if there was time. Left the house and traffic was terrible - took over a half hour just to get there! Then by the time you walk around, etc., she's getting fussy and what have you and till you get in the car, you're ready to not be in the heat anymore, so you just come home. So you've spent hours accomplishing one tiny little thing and you're all hot and sweaty and cranky. Then till you get the baby fed and sleeping, so much more time has gone that you think, why bother, I might as well blog. That's more fun than trying to accomplish things anyway. haha. So what shall I bore you with? Little missy has been doing pretty well. She still has some odd eating issues but I think they're getting a lot better and her choking has been less frequent, so that's really nice. Sometime in the last couple weeks, she started sleeping about 10 hours at night. Now I'm waking her up to eat after about 10 hours so I'm not sure how long she'd actually go. This past week I was able to be home most mornings (unlike the week before) and I realized that she'll usually sleep about 10 hours, eat, then go right back to bed and sleep another 2 or 3. I guess she likes to get most of her sleeping done during the night and morning. After that, who knows what she'll do - maybe another long nap, maybe just cat naps the rest of the day. But the 10 hours is really nice.

My friend Anna who I went to Grace College with was here visiting for a week and left yesterday morning. We had a really good time reconnecting, relaxing, cooking, swimming, shopping and sightseeing, and watching movies. We had it down to a science by the end of the visit. = ) She was so much help and now my sorry place is looking pretty shabby with her gone.

Probably most of you have read the comments on FB, but just in case, on Friday Anna and I went to my favorite thrift store to snoop around. We got some great deals on kid's books - I had never thought to look for them there. And she's a school teacher so she's always looking for things like that. Anyway, that's beside the point. So we were checking out and my diaper bag with my wallet and cell phone and all sorts of things, was hanging over the cart handle. I went out to start the car while she paid and Aleah stayed with her. Like a total idiot, I just grabbed the keys out of the diaper bag and left it hanging there. Then I started the car and decided to just pull up to the store and pick them up. So Anna of course grabs the car seat out of the cart and has her hands full with that, I open the door for her, and we drive off. When we got home, we realized that the diaper bag was still hanging on the cart! Or more likely, it was long gone. Yeah, a thrift store - NOT the place to leave your diaper bag. HELLO! I called the store right away and they looked and said it wasn't there. Anna drove back to the store to double check, look around the parking lot, and ask all the cashiers if it was turned it. I tried to feed baby and cancel credit cards at the same time. Anna came back and had no luck. I was just getting ready to call the police when I got a message from Dave saying that someone had called him and that she had my diaper bag. He tried to explain where we live because it really wasn't that far, but she said it sounded confusing and she would rather just bring the bag to LSU where he was (which was way out of the way). Okay. so she brought the bag. When Dave brought it home, I looked through it and everything was there except an envelope that had Aleah's cash and gift cards. I think they got around 50 bucks total. Thankfully, I had a 100 card that I almost put in there and decided to wait. The lady said that she found the bag in the parking lot. So someone had already gotten to it. She said she sat in the parking lot with it on top of her car for a half hour to see if anyone would come and no one did. Not sure why she didn't just return it to the store, but I'm SOOOOO glad she got it to Dave!

Also if you've been on FB, you know the shock and trauma that can ensue from looking out your kitchen window and seeing 5 boys who are WAY too old to be doing such things, skinny dipping in your pool! And riding their bikes in the pool. It was so odd. Dave called the apartment people and the security officer came and saw them to the gate. Not sure if he actually caught them red handed or not. The whole thing was so bizarre but it made me really sad to think of how little parental guidance these kids must have.

Enough excitement for one week? hmmm... well, I think that's about all I have to tell you. So I'll post some pictures and then be gone.

No comments: