Saturday, August 08, 2009

New place and such

Hello all - I've been wanting to post some pics for awhile so now I'm just doing it even though I should be doing 9000 other things. I had part of this week and all next week off so I'm hoping we can get a lot done around here. This little picture tour only shows the few rooms of the place that look decent. I was going to add some others but didn't resize them and now I don't' feel like going back and doing it.
Trying to get the ginormous bookcase to the spare room. Dave and Rachel: 0, Bookcase: 1. = ( In the top picture, the bathroom is straight ahead, spare room to the right and our room to the left.
The sink in the bathroom (Dave's). Then there's another door and the shower and toilet is in the inner sanctuary.
This is my sink in our room. Then the door to the inner sanctuary, then the picture above. You could run around in circles all day here if please. Oh, notice the awesome mini florescent lights above the sink - love this little feature.

Rather self-explanatory. We got our room looking all nice but threw everything in the guest room. Oh my - you should see that room.
Drum roll please ... this is the view out of our bedroom window. Yeah, we don't complain about it too often.
One more drum roll please... I don't know how I forgot to capture this in the first round of pics. Our spacious walk in closet! So very lovely!
annndddd... Our own washer and dryer and dryer in there. This came with the apartment free of charge and we had no idea it was going to be here. It was left from the last person so we got it free. (not to keep, but to use)

Kitchen - love the counter tops. Love the sink, HOT water, and water pressure, not crazy about the dishwasher.
This picture doesn't show it, but the fridge is SMALL, way smaller than our last one. The stove and microwave, on the other hand, are amazing. Very new - I'm guessing installed a year ago and it was a guy who lived here before who hardly ever used the oven, because it looks brand new inside. The microwave also looks new except a place where it looks like someone fried a small hole on the inside - furthering my suspicion that a guy lived here before us. Anyway, I find it funny that the microwave is about 2/3 the size of the fridge, not that you can tell from this angle. Okay, I guess that's all for now. I'll post more as the rest of the place takes shape, should that actually happen. Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Jenni said...

aawwww. it's looking good! i love the countertops!

Bethany said...

I love it!! Everything looks so clean and modern and nice - not like a lot of other apartments where it's old appliances (hmm....sounds like my apartment), dinged up walls, and stained carpet. Now I feel like I'm being a fussy, self-centered American. Anyway, I wish I could come see it in person - someday perhaps!

Sabrina said...

Rachel, this looks really nice! I love the two sinks and the walk in closet! Enjoy your week off.

LaRonda said...

Looks cute, but how can you not love your dishwasher? I wouldn't want to do without mine.

Anonymous said...

I too love your sinks away from the stool and shower:)
Twila H.

rachelslab said...

LaRonda - it's just old and doesn't get the dishes very clean a lot of the time. = ( Bethany, you should definitely come see it in person.

Robyn said...

Love it, love it! There is nothing better than having a good kitchen and bathroom where you WANT to keep it clean. Good job apartment picking! Oh, love the view too! Hee hee, i don't usually think about my word verification, but I think they got LaRonda's name mixed up... it's "londa".

Judy said...

Great apartment! Love the pictures. I had a brief deja vu moment....we had a palm tree view in the California apartment where Dave was born (actually he was born in a hospital, but our apartment had palm trees outside the bedroom)