Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lost and Found

One of he worst things about moving is it seems that things inevitably get lost. BUT once in awhile, things get found as well and that is a much happier tale! The casualties of the current move are - I can't for the life of me find my set of cake decorating tips. That's is terribly annoying because to go buy all of those would cost a heap of money and it's something I was hoping to use a lot in the future. arg. And I think there's a couple other things I've been looking for, but that's the main one. Although I couldn't find it when I was packing at the other place, so I don't know that I can blame the move on that. On to brighter sunnier topics - a year ago I moved down here from Warsaw and set to unpacking our first apartment. One thing I could not find for the life of me - the class ring I got from Grace College (it was a nice, not to mention the real deal [not cheap] ring that they gave everyone when they graduated and I really liked it). I was so sad. I searched and searched and could not find it anywhere. I remembered sitting in my room in Warsaw, taking the ring, I think a week before the wedding, and putting it one of my bags. I think it was in the load that Dave took down a week before, since I didn't want to worry about keeping track of it during the wedding and all. So when I was unpacking I ripped apart all those bags and suitcases that it might be in - nothing. So I tried to let it go. Lived without it for a year and survived so I was thinking I just might pull through when... suddenly... totally out of the blue.... I was cleaning up in the kitchen, Dave had been working back in the guest room. He came out to the kitchen and said "close your eyes, give me your hand..." I was thinking, he found my cake decorating tips. But nope - MY RING!! I could not believe it! That thing wasn't even on my radar anymore. He had been putting the luggage away in the closet, and then was fiddling with these storage drawers and moved them, and there was my ring, laying on the floor. I truly thought I'd never see it again.

No comments: