Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why am I posting at the late hour of 9:38??

Jest if you will, but that has recently become quite late. Dave might think a better question is why am I posting while he's faithfully packing all our dishes. I have no good answers. I just want to say hey in my fatigued state. What's going on? Not much. We've been packing a lot. Actually, we got most of it done last Saturday. Everything but the kitchen and our bedroom and some of our bathroom. Now it's time to put the smack down on that (sorry, flash back to RBI days). I've spent several evenings sorting through old cards and letters. I know I keep way too much, and I've tossed a lot of it, but let me tell ya. I've found some GEMS that I still can't bare to part with. I'm still probably keeping too much, but I'm making progress. baby steps. Dave just pointed out that it's not that much work to just take the unsorted stuff to the new place and sort it there. As in, we HAVE to pack the kitchen, you don't have to sort that at this very minute. True dat, so I finished the pile I was working on and um... found myself updating my blog. oops. A girl's gotta have a little fun, no? I honestly feel like I'm in a time warp right now - been reading so many letters from friends from so long ago and there's so many things I forgot about and then you read it and it just takes you back. Anyhoo... in other news, um... let's see... My sweet hubby has become quite prolific in the kitchen lately. He used to not cook anything. Then he started cooking with great help and guidance. Now he just says, I'll make supper and does it all by himself from start to finish. It's so wonderful! And he's been doing it a lot lately since I've been working long hours and he's been working shorter, sporadic hours. You won't hear me complaining! I'm trying to remember what all he's made lately - chicken tacos, regular tacos, Honey mustard BBQ chicken stir fry (something like that - one of our favorites), turkey burgers (which were perfectly seasoned and juicy)... isn't that impressive? He's also really good at making Rhonda's homemade tomato soup that you can find on her recipe blog which I would link to but I'm too tired. Anyway, I hope his mother is reading this! = ) Speaking of tired, something has got to change or I shall go out of my ever lovin mind! This early morning business is for the birds. No tweets found here. By body simply refuses to conform to such a schedule. Basically, no matter how crazy tired I am, if I go to bed before 11, I WILL wake up between 3 - 5 and can't sleep for anything. Now why is it if I stay up till midnight I can sleep till 10, but if I go to bed at 10, I wake up at 4? So then I survive the day but drag home and I'm so exhausted but try to stay awake until I can go to bed and do it all over again. It's a miserable way to live, let me tell ya. I guess I just did. Sometimes I take drugs and that's a nice break from it, but not a great long term solution. What is wrong with me, anyone know (as it relates to this particular issue, please)? Well, speaking of which I should go to bed. Tomorrow night is our last night to pack and then Saturday is the big moving day. I'm so happy that my friend got a babysitter all Saturday so she'll be with me at the new place helping unpack and set it all up. That thrills my soul to pieces. I can't believe tomorrow's Friday already. Where did the week go? Um, that's all. catcha later.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

All I can think of is "Dave cooked all of that?!?" I"m so impressed and please tell him so. And I hope all the packing and moving goes well! Yay for Jan! (Hopefully she'll see the rest of those letters as you're moving them in and gives you the gears!) :-)

Sabrina said...

I was wondering when you were moving. HOpe it all goes well! Try drinking warm milk before you go to bed. They say it helps you sleep. Happy packing!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

1. yay for Dave cooking tomato soup. :)

2. i hate packing, except for the fact that i always throw out tons of stuff. i shudder when i imagine what my house would look like if i never moved. yikes.

3. have you tried any natural sleeping stuff, so that you don't have to worry about your drug consumption? maybe something like that would be gentle enough to help you get on track, but not scary and possibly addictive?

4. can't wait to see pictures of the new abode.

5. best of luck.

Judy said...

I'm reading! I'm crying! Rachel, you wonderful girl, you inspired my son to cook! I'm so proud of you both, and I wish I could be there to help you move.