Thursday, May 21, 2009

Potatoes in the BBQ beef ...

... and other random crises. I'm so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open, but for some reason, I'm sitting here posting, not sure why. A few ransom stories before I forget them. Today while I was at work Dave was making BBQ beef. All by himself. You know, the kind you eat on buns... the stuff we had at our wedding actually, for those of you who were there. Anyway, he was feeling ambitious and wanting to do it all himself, and he was also going to chop vegetables for chamichingas and I was going to finish them later. Anyway, the beef was in the oven smelling fabulous when I got home. Then, pretty soon, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" What?? says I, wondering how big the tragedy is. He says, "The potatoes were supposed to go in the chimichangas! They're in the beef!" Not a huge tragedy. struck me pretty funny actually. The beef turned out fabulous, and there's potato chunks in it which is, um... interesting.

If you're wondering about all the food overtaking the house, well, we have company coming this weekend. Dave's wondering what the big deal is, and well, how can I explain... you can take the girl out of the Mennonite, but you can't take the Mennonite out of the girl. Honey, if there's people in my house, it's my God-given duty to see that they go home with a few more pounds than they came with. I can just hear Carolyn - SIT! EAT! What can I get you? What do you NEED? Are you okay??

This isn't even news anymore and I should stop admitting it on here, but today I locked myself out of my car AGAIN. But I was on a home visit a half hour away from home. ARG! I called the police and they said the only way they will do it is if there's a child locked in the car. It took Dave awhile to leave and then he took a little detour getting there, so I sat for almost an extra hour at this house. good times. The time has time. I'm getting one of those things you put under your car with an extra key.

I think I mentioned my flashdrive that had all my pics on it from the last 3 years or so. It got a virus and we couldn't access the pictures. Dave's really smart computer friend at the school was able to get all or most of the pictures off it but the flashdrive was toasted. The funny thing - okay, not funny - anyway, I'm SO happy to have them! (I think I have backups on my old computer as well that I thought had been deleted) However, I had them all organized in folders. I know now have a CD with almost 3000 pictures, all mixed up and no folders! Okay, it is sort of amusing. Hey look, Madagascar, oooo, trying on my wedding dress... hey, I'm 10, oh look, my 3 year old nephew is a baby... all in one happy little viewing session. It will probably take hours to get them all sorted out... a fun little project for a later date.

Tonight I went over to my sweet friend's house and used her awesome front loading washer and dryer - those things are AMAZING!! And compared to what we usually use, oh my. It was such a delightful experience. Okay, that's all. Night night.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

your carolyn imitation is too much! made me cackle. i keep forgetting to ask who your company is. well? and you're still working? i'm confused.

Rhonda said...

i wish i was your company.

mathfridge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina said...

Tell Dave you want AAA for your birthday. It will save you lots of time and stress! Or you could ask him for a Honda Civic. The only way we can lock the car from the outside is with the key. A pain sometimes, but we're unable to lock our keys in the car.

Robyn said...

I want to be your company too. Your comment about taking the Mennonite out of the girl cracked me up. ha ha :-)You should post your recipe for chimichangas! That sounds so good. And you have a sweet friend? I'm happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Once again, you have brought a smile to my face....particularly nice on this cold, rainy day! I didn't forget you & will write soon, I promise...

Debbie