Friday, January 09, 2009

DRAT!

So, today I was still unable to walk with any ease at all so I went in for x-rays. Yep, broken foot. And I did it all by myself while walking across the room. The most annoying part is that the doctor told me not to walk on it at all (I could get by hobbling on the inside of that foot) and they gave me crutches. I struggle to be graceful and stay on 2 feet under ideal circumstances. Now I'm afraid I'm going to break the other foot trying to walk with the things. I have an appointment on Wednesday with the Orthopedic doc and he will decide whether or not to put a cast on at that point. On the way home from the doctor, Dave ran into the grocery store to buy a few things and came out with flowers and said "Happy 5 month anniversary." This was the first one I forgot. Anyway, you can pray that we don't murder each other in the next couple weeks. In spite of newly wedded bliss, loosing independence and having to ask for every little thing is a huge pain for both of us. This is not at all how I planned on spending the next little while. Yeah, I'm rather grouchy today. And the mess from our trip is still everywhere. Getting it all sorted and put away will be a true test of marital stability I'm sure. I would so much rather just do it myself than try to explain where everything goes and such. Alright, this cheery post is drawing to a close. Happy '09 everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I am so very sorry to hear the news! Work should slow down again soon so I can chat with you more while you convalesce and hopefully the time will go faster.

Jenni said...

sorry!!! :-( i wish i could come help you!

the Neuschs said...

sorry! hopefully it will heal quickly. Now you have lots of time to blog? :) ???

Matthew and Rhonda said...

that stinks. i'll pray for patience for all involved. :)

Kari said...

That's horrible. I hope you don't need a cast

elise said...

Okay, now I can quit asking questions on facebook! I have all the answers here : ) Wish I could help out too!

Robyn said...

Sorry to hear about your ill fate. Hope you're hanging in there. Oh! That's why you commented on my blog so soon! :-) I'll try and answer your questions today!

shaunjoy said...

Sounds very frustrating. Got any good movies to catch up on?