Saturday, August 02, 2008

I will never doubt again....

In case anyone is still checking this - it's been a crazy week of packing and most of my possessions are out of my house now. Dave is moving things down to Baton Rouge this weekend. We couldn't decide the best way to move everything and some options were way more expensive than others. We ended up renting a cargo van from Enterprise, which was way cheaper than a big moving truck. I must admit, when I saw that van, and saw my pile of stuff, I thought, there is NO WAY even half of that is going to fit in that van. Someone from my church came over to help us who's really good at packing things tight. and can I just say ... WOW!! About half way through we realized we had TONS of space and I ended up taking, in addition to everything that was packed and ready to go, my bookshelf, my beloved office chair, AND, my rather ample sized dresser. I hadn't planned on taking any of that because I assumed there was no room for it. It was just insane how much stuff could be packed in a space that size. So anyway, it's a relief to have that out of the way. Yesterday after the days of packing, the house looked like a tornado went through. So I was finally able to get that back in order and yeah, just waiting for the next round of chaos. Hope you're all doing well! = )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear it went so well. I'm praying for you. Hmm...can't think of anything else creative to say. : )

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that went well. Some people have a true talent for making things fit! How far a drive is it to Baton Rouge?
You must be getting VERY excited about your wedding day!!! I am and I won't even be there!

Debbie

elise said...

Yeah, a post from Rachel! Hey we are so excited for the weekend! It's going to be such a fun time!

Sabrina said...

Thanks for posting. Thinking of you lots!

Rita said...

Nice to hear how your lives are going. I'm happy to hear that you got that much stuff loaded and finished up already. Way to go! Hope the next 5 go well too and you can relax, and enjoy life!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

yay for good packing people. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your day was wonderful!
~Liz
...and hoping I get to see pictures.