Monday, November 12, 2007

some random tid bits

So, my alarm clock has finally given up the ghost. It's let me down the last 2 mornings. That's when I started getting suspicious. Oh well, the thing really didn't keep good time anyway - it would get over eager and within a day or week or so of setting it, it would usually be about 10 minutes fast. I don't know how love I've had it, but I think the one I had before it was pink and white. I bought its successor tonight at Kmart (not Walmart, Sheldon). sniff.

Today I went to a visit and they weren't home and I stood outside in the pouring rain and got completely and utterly drenched. That probably was not interesting at all, but I told you anyway.

This week is much less frantic at work. That's nice. So I actually have a free evening and I'm sitting at the computer dwindling my life away...

I thought I had more exciting news, but I really don't. Oh, here's an update. I think in my last post I was all excited because I had Friday off and I had a long list and I was going to get my list all done on Friday and then have the rest of the weekend to relax? Yeah, well, you know when I actually got my list done? At about 1:30 Saturday morning. That's right. But there's no way I was going to leave cleaning till Sunday so I was cleaning the bathroom at 1 in the morning. Oh well, I did get a lot accomplished this weekend. My room is more organized than its been in years. Okay, I'm feeling boring now so I'm going to go. Hope you are all having a fabulous start to your week!

9 comments:

lisa said...

sounds like you need more hours in your work days and your stay at home days!!! my bathroom would look worse then when i started to clean it if I did it at 1:00 a.m.!!! you're crazy! but glad you got it done. and that bike ride....you go girl!! and talking about road kill...I almost ran into these old people a couple days ago because a pheasant was about 1/2 dead on the road and these old people stopped right smack dab in the middle of two lanes in order to block the traffic so they could get out and rescue the pheasant (don't we shoot them anyways and eat them?!) and I almost ran into their car!!! cause I didn't notice it had stopped and I had a friend with me and we were chatting away and then "bang!" , I slammed on my breaks in order to miss them!!! ugh! so I hear your frustration!!!

Jenni said...

hey rachie poo. funny, when i talk to you on the phone, your life seems pretty exciting. maybe you're just posting the wrong stuff! tee hee. maybe you should post some post-it notes. (ducking now, so as not to get shot!)

love ya!

rachelslab said...

Be VERY careful or I'll post 10 pictures of you when you were 14!!! Hey, that sounds like a great idea... might do that anyway. = 0 =P

rachelslab said...

Oh, and scoff if you will, but stay tuned to discover just how exciting my new alarm clock really is!

Sabrina said...

I want to see pictures for Jenni when she was 14!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

hi. :)

Anonymous said...

And then Jenni can post 10 pictures of Rachel when she was 14...

Anonymous said...

An exciting alarm clock? Oh do tell. Did you get the kind that can roll around the room as it goes off?

Jenni said...

bwaaahaaaa!!!!! things could get ugly (pun intended) around here. luckily for rachel, i don't have time to do it! and hopefully she doesn't either. :-)