Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Fall!


This last picture was my attempt at being artsy - Anyway, thought I'd drop by and say Hello. Myself and a couple friends went to Ohio last weekend to visit friends who used to live in town. We had a great time (I realize that was a terribly uncreative sentence, but I'm very very tired so don't expect much). Saturday afternoon we went biking on this trail and the scenery was quite pretty. The only thing that wasn't pretty was that one of our bikes had very little air in the tire and was a bit large for any of us to successfully maneuver without a great deal of physical exertion. So we rotated that bike and it was sort of like circuit training or something. On the way home, there were these cop cars with lights flashing in the middle of the road. So can I just say - animals are SOOOOOOOO DUMB!! Anyway, we get up to all the excitement and here there was a deer sitting on all fours in the middle of the road. Then the poor (but very dumb) animal tries to move and here all 4 legs are broken and he's shuffling alone but can't stand up at all! Now I think animals who chase moving vehicles are really dumb, but at the same time, it was quite a pathetic sight. There was a very beat up looking vehicle and a girl watching the deer and crying... just like a scene out of ... I guess I'm not sure. Anyway, while I'm on the subject of dumb animals, yesterday I so nearly hit a cat while I was driving about. The thing was just barreling for my tires. HELLLLLO!!! What is with these mammals? It's like they stop and ponder, "I've lived a good life, I'd make a tasty stew, yeah, lets go for it!" I slammed on my breaks, closed my eyes, and waited for the thud, but the stupid thing must have missed my tire by inches. Okay, that is all my animal stories. In other news, I worked enough overtime on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week to take tomorrow completely off and I can't describe to you how happy that makes me. Tuesday I worked about 12.5 hours and that's just a little long in my humble opinion. I think that's all for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can have a day at home - enjoy it for the rest of us! And I too get annoyed at those ditzy animals.

Iris said...

HI!!! That's all. Just hi.

Robyn said...

Cats are retarded. That's all I have to say.

Robyn said...

Oh wait, it's not all I have to say. Thanks for the great email that you sent a long time ago. Daryl and I laughed and laughed.

Jenni said...

hi from me too! we need to chat some day soon!!

Anonymous said...

where have i been? duh, i had no idea that these beautiful pictures were here! i love them. i really miss fall, so they were lovely to look at. hope your day off was great!

oh, and cats are NOT retarded. c'mon. they're actually idiotic, ungrateful wretches. and somehow i still like the one we have. go figure.

Jenni said...

i just stopped by to say pretty pictures!!!

Sabrina said...

Sorry, Rhonda, I'm with Robyn, cats are retarded. However, I still do not like to hit them with my car. I once ran over a DEAD cat. It was awful! Road kill is something I will never get used to!