Monday, September 10, 2007

Ramble, ramble

There's a pile of things I should be doing right now but after working all day and dashing to 4 different stores after work (taking advantage of Monday night football and actually getting some stuff done around here!), I'm very tired and just want to sit down a bit, if it's all right with you. Let's see, where to start - I mention very little about work on here, because, well, I really shouldn't. But I just gotta vent a little, in very general terms. Overall, I do enjoy my job (with the exception of last week and some random not so pleasant moments) and it's much better than my last one. My biggest gripe right now is that we are held entirely responsible for things that are entirely out of our control. THAT is oh so frustrating! It's because people in Indy who sit in plush little offices decide what we are capable of doing, it all looks good on paper, so that's what we have to do. These people have of course never spent one day doing our job. I think I learned the difference between a goal and a desire back when I was 14 or so - a goal you have the power to bring about, a desire you don't. In my job, a whole bunch of desires are our yearly goals. I can really get going and rant and rave about it with a lot of theatrics, but it's all sort of lost on here. So I guess I'm done.

I had a nice weekend if I remember correctly. Saturday morning I went out for breakfast with a little pile of friends and that was fun. Saturday evening - oh my. Okay, way back when, my roommate and another friend bought season tickets to the round barn theater at Amish Acres. Okay, I hear some of you laughing. The performers are not Amish. Actually, very little of it has to do with the Amish - the theater at least. Well, the friend who bought the tickets moved away and gave me her tickets. So I've been going with Bethany to random plays there. The one before this one was a complete bust, but at least it was short. The one on Saturday was, well, let's see - the acting was passable, the story line, not so much, and it was LONG! And the seats weren't very comfortable. And there were points were I wanted to grab the small children sitting in my row and cover their eyes! I felt sort of uncultured that a play could not hold my attention, but it's true, I would have rather been at a football, basketball, or baseball game any day (I didn't include hockey because that's a given). At least in those cases it's perfectly acceptable to jump out of your seat and scream at the top of your lungs and drink a lot of alcohol - all of which I really FELT like doing at this play. Well, we get to watch another one on Friday but this one is supposed to be really good. Here's to hopin...

After what seems like years of having cordless phones with a fully charged battery life of about 15 minutes, I finally got new batteries tonight. I'm quite excited about this, but have yet to make sure they are the right ones. Oh and I didn't realize how expensive those little guys are.

So I mentioned dashing all over after work running errands - got home and realized I forgot something - hate that! Then I remembered that I might need to go out again anyway because, well, I arrived home from work to a very very irritated and disgruntled roommate who could not unlock her car. The clicker wouldn't work and she couldn't find the key. So I scooped her up and carried her out to my car and delivered her to her job. So yeah, anyway, that was a pointless story which has no exciting ending. The clicking in the hood of my car continues to intensify. Well, I think that pretty much sums it up for now. I'm so tired I could... um... sleep I guess. I stayed up too late this weekend but was unable to sleep in even a tiny bit - so annoying. But to end on a happy note - there are no more Mondays for an entire week. Addios.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

hey, lovely post! sorry about your job hassles. i wonder why it has to be that way! hope you go to bed early and get lots of sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is actually to Jenni-hope you don't walk out in front of cars tomorrow!!!! You scared me!!! Glad you avoided catastrophe!!
~ Bethany (the one in IN)

lisa said...

wow! at least your job doesn't bore you!!! ok...did you get my email? cause I've not gotten a return email from you?!!!

rachelslab said...

Lisa - have not received any e-mail! I'll try to write soon, then you'll have my address. Thanks for trying!

Anonymous said...

happy to hear you're still kickin' and haven't totally abandoned the internet in favour of the phone. :D

so sorry about your unfortunate theatrical experience. hope next time is, well, more. or less.

ok, it's only 6:29 am, so i'm going to stop...

lisa said...

rachel....check in your trash mailbox for me and see if my email went there!! I sent you 2. my email hasn't been working correctly..ugh!

Sabrina said...

thanks for the update. Try laughing at the parts that aren't funny at the next bad play you attend. At least you'll have fun!

Jenni said...

so, too busy talking on the phone to blog?? :-) i might have time to talk on the phone this afternoon/evening...