Wednesday, August 29, 2007

To answer your questions...

Hi again. Here's a quick update. Let's see - no, I have never ever had a reaction like this before. But I only ever remember getting stung one other time in my life. The doctors have said several cheery things such as, often you don't react till the second sting and usually subsequent reactions are worse than the first. And possibly I could be allergic to some and not others. I did go to work today and stared blankly at the computer for quite awhile, then went and got some lunch. I thought maybe if I took the Benadryl early, like 6:00, it would be worn off in time for work. No such luck. It didn't wear off till around 4. I did a couple visits. Not my best work I'm sure. = P Last night I was late in taking the Benadryl and I started breaking out again and itching. great. Today I'm fine and haven't taken it since 6 this morning. Which is good since it's pretty much impossible to work with that stuff roaming about the system. I'll take it at night so I can sleep - need something to counteract the uppers. And, I'd like a refund on the happy drugs. So far those are a big disappointment. I'm feeling more weepy and paranoid and have lost all desire to spend any amount of time outside. So that's the news around here. Hope your day is a happy one.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Are you serious?! Reading your blog is like reading a suspense novel! The brief moments of the mundane just lure you into relaxing before the next action-packed moment!
Glad you're okay, too bad the happy drugs aren't working! I was going to call you this weekend, but will you be coherent enough to talk?

lisa said...

sounds like we need to be upping our prayer amountage for you!! I'm sorry you're not like totally better now! I will be praying for you. about 3 or so years ago Brent got stung by about 40 bees while mowing an empty lot out of town in Florida. It was awful. He would just shake uncontrollably. I'm so glad he wasn't allergic to them tho. We also need to be praying that you NEVER get stung by a bee again!!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! Just caught up on your last several postings -- way too much excitement, if you ask me. Glad to hear you got some epi-pens, although I hope you'll never have occasion to use them. Sorry to hear that the drugs aren't completely doing their job. Are you taking some time off of work?