Thursday, April 12, 2007

Is it a leg... Is it jelly?

What a crazy week it's been already. I'm SO glad tomorrow's Friday! Last night I got back from 2 days of training in Indy. Myself and 4 coworkers went and it was a lot of fun. To clarify - it was loads of fun hanging out with coworkers and eating out for free. The sessions I went to were all training on how to use a curriculum. I found it long, boring, and if I actually did the things they suggested, I think the people we work with yell "Get outta my house, ya fruit cake!" So training wise I feel as though it was a bit of a bust. But the trip was fun. Tiring though - I had to get up on Tuesday morning only slightly later than I stayed up last Saturday night. When we were driving home last night, there were tornado warnings close by. I don't think there were any for right where we were, but it looked really scary out. I called Jenni to see if she made it home safely and let her know I might not. = P But tragedy was averted and we made it okay. A friend and I have been trying to make it to the pool for a couple weeks now. So after working a long day today, we finally made it happen. I think swimming - ahh, floating peacefully about the water. Oh no, this was laps and the whole shebang! She said she had gone 8 laps the first time and 16 (half mile) the second time. I haven't been really swimming in a long time. She's fast and has great technique. I like to swim, but flail about the water in a really neat zig zag pattern. At about 4 laps I thought there was no way I was going to do 16. But then, as tends to happen in situations such as these, a seed of stubbornness takes root and bears much fruit. Actually, it was really weird - at about 3 laps I was way more tired than I was at 10. So then it seemed silly not to. So I persevered to win end where there was waiting very bloodshot eyes and wobbly legs and I'll be lucky if I can lift a glass to my mouth tomorrow. So that was my week thus far. How was yours? Tomorrow night a friend is helping me with my taxes - forever on the ball and getting things done ahead of time, that's me.

4 comments:

elise said...

Rachel you are so funny! You should consider writing novels on the side or be a stand up comedian! :)

Good luck with the swimming. It sounds like fun!

Rhonda said...

nothin' to say....but you make me laugh. :) can you download skype so we can talk? do you have a mic?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sore this morning! Not at all! I'm so excited! I want to download skype soon - maybe that could be my weekend project.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I can't begin to imagine swimming 16 laps! I'm a major zig-zagger like you, and I'm real pokey, and I just can't keep my head out of the water in the proper way! I never had any sort of swimming lessons though.

And yay for doing taxes! I LIKE getting money from the government. : ) Hope you get some too!