Sunday, November 26, 2006

A couple things...

Howdy - Let's see, here's my official post-American Thanksgiving post (huh?). I knew you'd all be waiting... (yeah right). So, I know it's lame to talk about the weather, but after what seemed like months of wandering about in a lack of seritonin induced stupor, the sun has once again been shining. It's been so nice here and on November 24 I went to the store in flip flops. I didn't really see anyone else in flip flops, but I wasn't cold either (and that says a lot). I'm sure in all my many years, I've never worn flip flops in November. If I would have stayed in Israel that long it could have happened, but nope, didn't do that. So that was exciting for me.

What else? I spent the weekend at the extended family get together on my mom's side of the family. It was a lot of fun - did the traditional auction and bingo game. I was able to finally get one of my aunts comforters - I've bid on them for the last several years, but never secured one because my cousins have always had more money... or something like that. = ) Well, I think that's about all the news for now. I thought I had more, but I'm blank at the moment. I trust that your turkey snoods were all you had hoped for and more and the tryptaphan didn't completely snow you under...

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

what in the hick world are turkey snoods and tryptaphan? call me ignorant...

rachelslab said...

Ha ha! I was hoping you'd ask! I really just wanted to use those words becuase I just heard them and thought they were really cool. Aparently the turkey snood is the hangy down part of the turkey's throat. And tryptaphan - I'm sure I spelled it way wrong, but it's the enzyme in turkey that makes you tired. We talked about this on Thursday when I was with Jeanne and Laura.

Sabrina said...

Thanks for asking Rhonda! :)

Robyn said...

Educated snob.

Robyn said...

i love you :-)

Jenni said...

Yeah, what Rhonda and Robyn said. :-) I love you too and I miss you. I want to go out for coffee or even a beer like we always used to. Ha ha! Anyone worried?

rachelslab said...

Robyn - (this is in a whiney voice!) Jeanne and Laura told me these things! And they're in the medical field! Oh wait, I heard the snood thing on the radio. I feel like my intelligence will go seriously downhill now that I don't have this long commute to work. Anyway, remember me? I don't even know where watermelon comes from! = P

Robyn said...

What? Coffee? Beer? Why didn't anyone invite me? Somehow I just can't picture Jenni and Rachel drinking beer. The thought makes me laugh, because that could actually be highly entertaining.

Anonymous said...

jenni + rachel + beer=please let me watch