Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Canadian bananas last longer

Whenever I buy them here, I just can't eat them fast enough! I don't get it. And another thing in case you were wondering, if you leave 1 or 2 in your car, it doesn't take long before the whole thing smells like a banana on wheels. So, I really don't have much to say, as you will note from the extensive banana talk, but I wanted to say HI before all my fans started pestering me for an update. tee hee. Hey Robyn and Rhonda - can I see some pictures of the wedding? Well, life is okay here and I'm excited about coming home soon and all that good stuff. This past weekend I pretended to be all domesticated and cooked like a madwoman. Who wants to make supper when you get home at 7:00 half the time? So I wanted to put a bunch of stuff in the freezer. My roommate and I worked at it together and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't take as long as I thought it would. And now we have a freezer full of food, and I don't want to eat it because it's so nice knowing that there's food in the freezer, and if we just eat it, well, then there won't be, will there!? I do think it's quite the handy little time saver because you get all your mess and work out of the way at once. handy. Okay, other than that tid bit, not too much is going on. So, I guess I'll sign off.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this fan is happy you updated.

My problem is that I like to cook too much, and I run out of space in my freezer for all my little leftover containers. So right now I'm on a "no-cooking-until-the-freezer-has-room-for-more-leftovers" kick. Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of cooking for one. But I already cut almost all recipes in half! And trying to cut it any more than that gets really messy - such as what is 2/3 of a 2/3 cup?! Or 2/3 of a teaspoon?! So I will continue to have this problem.

Enjoy the northlands for me too, okay?

Rhonda said...

well, my thought is that I think i prefer malagasy bananas. :) maybe by the time I move back to Canada, my banana tree will be producing. or not.

see you soon!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a solution to the banana problem. Don't buy so many at once! Or do like me, and just don't buy them. There is something about the smell of overripe bananas that turns my stomach faster than almost any other smell.

What are the dates you'll be here?

rachelslab said...

I'll be there from the 10th or 11 till the 16th. And man would you hate the smell of my car on occasion!

Sabrina said...

very interesting. I know they often go bad, but I didn't realize the the country I lived in was the reason! I like banans when they are not green, but don't having any black on them yet. They're only like that for about one day. Maybe that's why they go bad!

Anonymous said...

a comment from an old timer, someone told me (since we moved to the states) its best just when they start having the little brown spots, because the spray is leaving the banana,then eat them really fasy! hehaheha
Twila

Rhonda said...

do you have a ticket? for what day? you are still coming, aren't you? :)

Anonymous said...

And you, dear girl, I see you are commenting all kinds of places, and yet no updates?? Come now, come now...what is the interesting scent in your car today?

Robyn said...

Hey Rachy
Just stopping by to say hello. Are you coming to visit me this time??? :-)

Anonymous said...

Rachel! you make me laugh all the time!! I hope the wilds of the north or behaving. Its supposed to snow today here. hmmm...I saw the Warsaw representatives of Zambia today. ah, what a beautiful country it must be! :P Speaking of, I am chatting with mr. artillary! I know! I am a weakling! :) Happy reunion!!

Wendy Yutzy said...

Hey Rachel,
It's me, you long lost sister in law that is attempting to make it in the Blogger world.... um I'm not sure I will be faithful, but I will give it a shot!
I am making my 3 children take a quiet time so I'm not a grouchy mommy!!
It was good to see you ,but it wasn't long enough!! Hope you have a safe trip.
Wendy