Monday, August 07, 2006

Since I've been tagged...

And because I humbly comply with all of Rhonda's directives... here ya go finally
The Alphabet...My Way!
Accent: Sadly, I have been told by some Canadians lately that I sound..... american... sigh. It's time to come home I think.

Bible Book that I like: Well, I like most of em, but I especially like Ephesians and 1 John.

Chore I don't care for: Making salad (GAG!), cleaning the bathroom, cleaning just about anything, come to think about it, doing dishes, job interviews .... it would be shorter to answer chores I DO like

Dog or Cat: As a pet or to torture? Just kidding. Not crazy about either, but I'd be less opposed to a dog than a cat.

Essential Electronics: Computer, telephone, camera... oh wait, I don't plug that in...

Favorite Movie: Hmmm. I can watch Princess Bride over and over. Pride and Prejudice is a classic - for some action, The Fugitive, and Crimson Tide, chick flick - Return to Me. Oh, Napoleon Dynamite was also a hoot.

Gold or Silver: Silver I guess, or white gold

Handbag I Carry Most Often: Smallish brown purse from my roommate for Christmas awhile back.

Insomnia: ugh - comes and goes. If I fall asleep on the couch when I should be in bed, then have to get up and get ready for bed, I find it difficult to fall asleep again. Also I tend to wake up in the wee hours to use the facilities (oh hush) and then can't get back to sleep.

Job Title: Unemployed social worker

Kids: no offspring, but I have the most adorable nieces and nephews (except the teenagers, I don't think they want to be called adorable)

Living Arrangements: Oh, just sorta wandering around, trying to figure that out... I do have most of my stuff in a house - 3 bedrooms, one basement, pretty cute.

Most Memorable Moment: I dunno - maybe the phone call saying I was going to Madagascar this summer. There's others I'm sure, but of course they don't come to mind at moments like these.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Oh my, I'm sure there's lots, but I can't think of anything too wretched at the moment - I've been told repeatedly that I used to beat up on my (wussy?) big brother when I was really little, but paid dearly for that about 10 years later... I remember yelling something rather inappropriate to a passerby - something I heard from my older brothers. While I didn't really know what I was saying, I had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I should maybe just be quiet - hummmm... should listen to that more often.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Well, there was the whole birthing thing, then surgery when I was 6 in Winnipeg, surgery when I was 15 in Red Lake for a cyst, an overnighter about a year ago trying to figure out if I had another cyst of appendicitis - but no surgery that time.

Phobias: Spiders, mice, snakes and things of the sort, although I think I'm growing... I don't always scream anymore when I see a spider.

Quote: What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about? (I have heard so many great, wonderful, and inspiring quotes in my life, but of course, most have escaped me at the moment)

Religion: Diehard Mennonite. Just kiddin - I'm a Christian.

Siblings: 5 brothers, 1 sister, and some in laws who have been in the family so long I can barely remember what it was like before they were around.

Time I Wake Up: Anywhere between 7-10 right now (refer to the unemployed comment)

Unusual Talent: I can shake my eyeballs - for some reason this gets harder as I get older. I can also do some fun things with my face.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Since Rhonda and Robyn both mentioned lima beans, I would feel unorignal doing that - but they really are gross (in my humble opinion), along with olives. There are others I don't like but I would eat them to be polite. Come to think of it, I would also eat the aforementioned to be polite so I suppose there aren't any I would absolutely refuse to eat, just not chose to for optimal happiness.

Worst Habit: Second guessing decisions (if I get around to making one in the first place)

X-rays: A bunch when I was 6, of which I won't go into detail - that might be it, not sure

Yummy Stuff I Cook: Cook?

Zoo Animal I Like Most: maybe elephants, giraffes, and warthogs... (I just felt like adding the warthogs, they really are quite ghastly)

Okay, I tag Jenni (like she's gonna have time to do this) and Melissa

Well, that was a nice diversion from my constant thoughts that have been directed toward figuring out what I want to do with my life. I made it to the Falls yesterday, accompanied by a 12 year old chatter box which was wonderful. Once her drugs wore off, she was great company, which I needed because I was getting really sleepy. I'm flying back to IN tomorrow and then I'll see how long I end stay there. At this point I'm strongly considering packing up (I can send a bunch of stuff with my brother the beginning of next week) and heading a bit closer to home and loosing that American accent. I keep going back and forth with this, but as I was talking to my brother last night, we were saying how it sounds like subconsciously I've already moved, so the rest of me might as well follow in order to hang out in the same general area as my mind, and to avoid developing a split personality... something like that... AHHHHH!!!!! You can pray for clarity of thought and direction for me if you think about it. Okay, that's a bit of what's going on with me these days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then. Let me know if you decide to actually leave so I can make a dashing trip out to IN to say our last goodbyes. : ( Pooey. It really is alright though - I understand your reasons for going that way, that American accent and all.
I want to see that eyeball thing sometime. How have I missed that through the past 4 years?!
I'm going to the OH state fair this afternoon/evening to eat greasy fair food and watch Steven Curtis Chapman sing. Hope your trip home tomorrow is uneventful!

Rhonda said...

I've been listening to the Chronicles of Narnia on CD, and so I have words like 'minions' going through my head and I wanted to use them to make a witty reply to your dig at my bossiness, but nothing comes to mind. Ah well. Bossy and senile, can you beat that?

Jenni said...

Yeah, I can beat that. How about bossy, senile, and fat? (Me, not you!!!) :-)

rachelslab said...

Oh, I meant no harm Rhonda! Honestly! And I'm sending this comment from the Ft. Wayne airport! How cool is that?

Jenni said...

Ummm, how did you do that from the airport?? Just curious! And I guess that means you're home?

Sabrina said...

Wow, blogging from an airport. That's pretty high tech! I'd really like to see the eye thing -I think. Why don't you move to PA?!! I do hope you find a job you like at a place you'd like to live.

rachelslab said...

funny thing about blogging from the airport - it would probably work better from a large airport, but there was hardly anyone on that flight and we were the only flight coming in. I did't think about it, I was just walking toward baggage claim and we got in early and I say computers so I couldn't resist. So I was merrily off in cyberspace, when I heard that luggage from our flight should be collected like sorta now. So I trotted down the escalator and the friendly little door keepers asked me if anyone else was upstairs and said that I was pretty amazing to have taken longer than the pilots. Ooops. I didn't tell them I was checking my e-mail. I husteled the the baggage pick up and my lonely little red suitcase was circling.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I used to think Bethany was the ultimate in checking email because she'd come over to the office and check as soon as we'd get home from a trip. But now I'm thinking you may have her beat!

It was good to see you again.