Tuesday, August 01, 2006

guess it's been awhile

Well, I figure I should say something here lest you think I have dropped off the face of the earth, which isn't quite the case, all though Red Lake is getting pretty close... Let's see - I think I'll wait till I get home to post pictures because I know what I'm doing on my own computer. I've been enjoying Red Lake and visiting with people. On Friday night (Sat. morning) Jenni and I got up at some ungodly hour to make donuts. I'm not so much of a yeast person and this was my first time doing anything like that. And I'm much more used to staying up till 3 than getting up at 3. But it was a fun experience and we made a bit of money. We sold then at a local garage sale. What else is new and exciting? We (various family members) spent one afternoon at the beach and it was great to experience clearly Canadian water, as opposed to murky, disgusting Indiana (no offence). Water, that is. I've been storing piles of stuff at my sister's place so another little project has been to go through that and actually.... (drum roll please) get rid of some of it. I will accept congratulations now. (What can I say, I like my stuff - if you have ever given me a card or letter, I still have it! Is something wrong with that?) I've considerably reduced the amount of space I'm taking up here so I think that makes us all happy. Okay, nothing else too exciting at the moment...

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

just for what it's worth:

1. I would have bought a whole bunch of donuts, had I been there.

2. Congratulations on sorting your stuff. Nothing wrong with keeping stuff, but I'll tell you that an overseas move makes a lot of previously important stuff a lot less important! I can't believe how few boxes of stuff we have in storage in Canada...I never know whether to feel proud or sad. :)

Anonymous said...

1. You didn't mention a phone call from the friend dearest to your heart...that should bring some howls from your other commenters who want to claim that status. : ) But let me ask the rest of you this - is she begging any of YOU to move to International Falls if she moves to Ft. Frances?!
2. LaMar asked me on IM this morning about our conversation last night, and I was like, "How on earth did you know about that?!" Apparently, he was the one waiting on Jenni to call him. : )
3. I too would have bought some yeasty yumminess.

Rhonda said...

I tagged you! Go see my blog...

Robyn said...

This is me leaving a comment. I just have to say that it was so good to visit with you last night! I wasn't even too tired this morning. I love to laugh with Rachel!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
She kept me up til 1:30 and we could have talked longer had I not been falling asleep.

Sabrina said...

1.Oh to be in Red Lake with you girls! I could use a good laugh and a cup of coffee with old friends. (I'm realizing lately that I'm a lot closer to 30 than I used to be so yes, I think we're old now) The temp in PA has been 100 and feels like 150. I'm longing for a Red Lake or T. Bay summer day!

2. Congrats on sorting your stuff! You have my permission to pitch any letters or cards I've ever giving you. :)

3. Why are we all numbering our comments?

4. Send me a donut!

Rhonda said...

you're numbering your comments because you idolise me...


ha ha ha ha, gasp, ha ha ha ha, heee hee hee hee hee, hooooo boy.

Anonymous said...

It would be a shame if the only way I could get ahold of someone is to leave a message on their blog, but since that person doesn't return the message I left on the answering machine, and the phone is busy about 99% of the times I try to call, what choice do I have? What I'm trying to say is, it would be nice to see you before you leave. =)

Anonymous said...

Wait! Rachel's leaving?! But she hasn't been to see me yet!

Sabrina said...

Rhonda...

1. Awww...
2. Snort, snort,
3. Gag, gag,
4. Heeeeeee, heeeee. :)

rachelslab said...

1. Robyn, welcome back to my blog -I feel whole and happy again. It WAS great to chat.

2. Yes, we do idolize Rhonda!

3. Sabrina - I wish you were here too! And I did send you a donut but it was returned due to insufficient postage and a funny smell.

4. Bethany - have you relocated yet?

5. Kendra - I'm so so so very sorry. I have been meaning to call (as Jenni is my witness) and will do so post haste.

6. Iris - I wanna come so bad!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!